Restricted Medications

Old August 12th 04, 02:07 PM
Eclipsme

Default Restricted Medications

I have searched the FAA site for a list of restricted medications, but with
no luck. Does anybody have a link? My doctor wants me to start cholesterol
medication. Will this void my medical?

Thanks

Old August 12th 04, 02:18 PM
Marco Leon

If you're an AOPA member:
http://www.aopa.org/members/database...l/druglist.cfm

Old August 12th 04, 10:43 PM
David Brooks

If you had said which medication, half of us would have told you to join
AOPA and look it up for yourself, and the other half to join AOPA but tell
you if it is approved anyway. Crestor and Lipitor are OK, as are 6 others.

-- David Brooks

Old August 12th 04, 10:43 PM
Peter Clark

Perhaps leftseat.com then?

http://www.leftseat.com/medications.htm

I've had no dealings with them, but it seems to be a "we help you get
your medical if we can" site.

Good luck.

Old August 12th 04, 10:44 PM
David Brooks

By the way, neither I nor AOPA make any claims that the guidance is
authoritative.

-- David Brooks

Old August 12th 04, 11:52 PM
Eclipsme

Yes, I finally found it he

http://www.leftseat.com/medcat1.htm

Thanks for the help.

Old August 13th 04, 02:41 AM
CVBreard

Crestor and Lipitor are OK, as are 6 others.

Yep, FWIW, I'm taking Lipitor and just got my FAA Class 2 medical renewed.

Old August 17th 04, 01:49 PM
kontiki

In this day and age, with our freedoms threatened at every turn in the name
of [in]security I find it hard to understand that anyone would not serve
to support AOPA as a member. The benefits, including the excellent magazines,
pilot resources and information put out not withstanding, their constant
efforts to educate ignorant politicians and expose some of their ridiculous
rule making proposals are beyond invaluable.

I hate to comtemplate what GA would look like today (if it would even exist
at all) without the AOPA's efforts thoughout these years.

BTIZ wrote:
why aren't you an AOPA member..

BT

Old August 18th 04, 06:08 PM
Eclipsme

OK. I wasn't going to answer, but the question has come up twice now.

First, I don't find the magazine to be all that excellent.

Second, the few times I have really needed their services, as opposed to
obtaining the services elsewhere, AOPA was sorely lacking. I needed info on
converting an FAA license to foreign, as well as sources for maps in
southern Africa, and could find nobody with any decent help. I tried several
of the numbers found in the magazine. I had way better luck on my own.

Third, some years back a local group became very vocal about local airport
noise, to the point that they had managed to get 2 referendums passed,
including forbidding touch and goes and limiting flights by noise output. It
was the latter, BTW, that did them in by getting the Feds involved. AOPA
rushed to 'protect' the airport, but it took the FAA to realize that what
was really going on is Flight Safety was using the strip for practice and
had increased the noise level dramatically. They obtained agreement to
practice elsewhere. Hasn't been a problem since. Too bad AOPA only fanned
the flames.

Finally, I object to their incessant fundraising and call to join. In fact
there is another piece of mail from them just arrived today.

Hey, JMHO. No flames wanted. I am sure they have done great work elsewhere.
Just not my cup of tea. OK? There are many, many favorable stories, I am
sure. I am not trying to convert anyone, just answering a question.

BTW - I probably won't respond further. Just not worth it.

"kontiki" wrote in message
In this day and age, with our freedoms threatened at every turn in the

name
of [in]security I find it hard to understand that anyone would not serve
to support AOPA as a member. The benefits, including the excellent

magazines,
pilot resources and information put out not withstanding, their constant
efforts to educate ignorant politicians and expose some of their

ridiculous
rule making proposals are beyond invaluable.

I hate to comtemplate what GA would look like today (if it would even

exist
at all) without the AOPA's efforts thoughout these years.

BTIZ wrote:
why aren't you an AOPA member..

BT