Air Force One - arrive1.jpg (1/1)

Old November 25th 06, 01:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chezelwig

Default Air Force One - arrive1.jpg

Truly, the world of post-WWII American optimism and confidence came to a
shattering end with that news. I can't remember a blacker national
Thanksgiving than the four days that followed. The only thing like it in my
lifetime was 9/11.

Brian O'Neill

I was a sophmore in high school at the time and had a similar
experience. I was in biology classwhen the first annoncement came
through and had moved on to English class for the second.

Even though this was a public school where over half of us were
Protestant, like myself, there was a stunned silence. Afterword, my
english teahcer said that she had never heard us so quiet (she had
assigned a theme) and never wanted to again. Honestly, I don't remember
anything after the second announcement until the processions began. I
assume school was dismissed early and that I got home but I remember
none of that.

I certainly agree about the end of American optimism and confidence. I
also agree with the comparison to 9/11. The shock went beyond words.
Looking at the pictures brought a lot of that back.

Old November 26th 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris

Default Air Force One - arrive1.jpg (1/1)

"Glenn" www.warbirdz.net@come-join-the-forum wrote in message
Alan Erskine wrote:
"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

I was born in August '64; which means that I was conceived in the month
Mr
Kennedy was murdered. I only found that out a couple of years ago. I'm
not
one for omens, but considering my love of all-things-space, it's quite a
coincidence. Mr Kennedy was responsible for starting the Apollo program
and
was also something of a 'space junkie'.

What a sad end to a most fascinating life. May Mr Kennedy rest in peace
for
all eternity.

--
Alan Erskine

Alan, I am one month older than you but for your love of things space ;-)
My mum was born on the day the UFO crashed at Roswell.

Maybe I am Alien ;-)

--
Upload/view images at
www.warbirdz.net

I was a senior in high school and had just joined the Naval Reserve at NAS
Dallas.
My dad was a John Bircher and on the day Kennedy arrived, the Birchers had
run a full page ad in the Dallas Morning News putting President Kennedy and
his policies down. My dad and his cronies were questioned for days after by
the FBI and Secret Service concerning their whereabouts and so forth during
the assassination. I didn't know **** about politics then and only found out
about Dad's behaviour a few years ago. I still don't know what the John
Birch society did or stood for. Haven't had the interest to even Google
them.
I both admired and revered JFK and RFK. Standing up to the Soviets and
Castro were very high on my list of things I wanted to support.
I once attended a lecture by Ronald Reagan about the dangers of communism.
My Navy Career began Sep63 and ended Aug84. Yep, VN and all that.
Fair winds JFK and Bobby,

Jim Morris