TOST E85 RELEASES

Old March 6th 05, 02:50 AM

Default TOST E85 RELEASES

Can anyone out there confirm whether the timeframe for the overhaul for
Tost E85 releases is still 2000 flights, or has that been extended ?.
I seem to remember from the dark recesses of my mind that it had been
extended, but I have been known to be wrong.

Thanks in advance. Cheers, Charles

Old March 6th 05, 03:19 AM
BTIZ

http://www.tost.com/index.htm

New TBO of Tost releases April 19, 2001

TBO 2000 launches
accordingly 10.000 actuations.

Life limiting part is the release spring, with a life expectancy of about
10.000 actuations. With about 5 actuations in normal flight operation,
this is, as before, 2000 launches.
Should you have in pure training operation more actuations per launch,
the TBO is reduced accordingly (with 8 actuations per launch to 1250
launches).
This decision in in the responsibility of the aircraft holder.

If both releases are actuated together (like in Germany) both releases
have to be sent for overhaul after 2000 launches.

The life limit of 4 years is replaced by a manufacturer's recommendation.

The new regulation had been published from the LBA in the "NfL" on
Juli 12, 2001 and therefore is valid right now. The new TBO regulation is
applicable for all releases, which have got a valid certificate of
airworthiness
at the date of publishing of the Technical Note.

Click here if you want to make a copy from the valid "News for Pilots"
Nfl II - 16/02 and TBO TM 1-2001.

Air Worthiness Directive 1989 - 018/3, issued from the LBA is effective
from 02. May 2002.
You can click and print it for your files.

The therein mentioned Tost Service Bulletin No. 60.230/2 - 4/88
dated 30. November 1988, can you find here and print, too.

ups.com...

Old March 6th 05, 04:21 PM
Tim Mara

see http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page30.htm for release descriptions and
links to TOST pages with new limits
tim

Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

ups.com...

Tost hook on Cessns 180 Paul Soaring 6 October 18th 04 10:32 PM
Air Force Releases USAFA Report U.S. Air Force lists at Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 7th 04 09:27 PM
Air Force Releases USAFA Report Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 2nd 04 09:45 PM
Libelles & Tost Rings nowhere Soaring 9 July 21st 04 05:08 PM
Cessna 182 Tost 337? [email protected] Soaring 6 May 15th 04 03:24 PM