"Resulting replacement power... requirements for electric... is obtained"

Old September 20th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default "Resulting replacement power... requirements for electric... is obtained"

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/RT/2004/...S-johnson.html

"Future advanced aircraft fueled by hydrogen are being developed to
use electric drive systems instead of gas turbine engines for
propulsion. Current conventional electric motor power densities cannot
match those of today’s gas turbine aircraft engines. However, if
significant technological advances could be made in high-power-density
motor development, the benefits of an electric propulsion system, such
as the reduction of harmful emissions, could be realized."

---
Mark

Old September 20th 10, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Sep 20, 12:30*pm, Mark wrote:
http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/RT/2004/...S-johnson.html

"Future advanced aircraft fueled by hydrogen are being developed to
use electric drive systems instead of gas turbine engines for
propulsion. Current conventional electric motor power densities cannot
match those of today’s gas turbine aircraft engines. However, if
significant technological advances could be made in high-power-density
motor development, the benefits of an electric propulsion system, such
as the reduction of harmful emissions, could be realized."

---
Mark

If you're waiting to fly until battery powered flight becomes
economically realizable you may want to consider other eco-friendly
hobbies. Sailing comes to mind -- it's like flying but the airfoils
are more adjustable and mostly vertical.
Old September 20th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 20, 2:22*pm, a wrote:
On Sep 20, 12:30*pm, Mark wrote:

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/RT/2004/...S-johnson.html

"Future advanced aircraft fueled by hydrogen are being developed to
use electric drive systems instead of gas turbine engines for
propulsion. Current conventional electric motor power densities cannot
match those of today’s gas turbine aircraft engines. However, if
significant technological advances could be made in high-power-density
motor development, the benefits of an electric propulsion system, such
as the reduction of harmful emissions, could be realized."

---
Mark

If you're waiting to fly until battery powered flight becomes
economically realizable you may want to consider other eco-friendly
hobbies. Sailing comes to mind -- it's like flying but the airfoils
are more adjustable and *mostly vertical.

No, I'm flying Cessna's with a CFI friend on board. I don't have
access to an LSA right now, which is just as well, because I
plan on buying an LSA and it would be prudent to have a
CSI that's proficient in that make/model train me.

AFA alternative enjoyment to electric recreation, been doing
it for years. My 14' boat has a large solar panel from West Marine,
(which is unnecessary as it turned out) that charges the
deep cycle battery which energizes my powerful electric
motor/prop manufactured by Minkota. Pushes white water
off the bow, and it's never gone dead. Ran it continuously
for 4 hours before. So quiet and pleasant. The fish follow
me around and I hear everything. Good for sneakin' up
on stuff too!

My interest for discussing electric airplanes here is to share
the latest developments in this field, because that is really
what people want, whether they realize it or not. The military
and NASA sure know it. Flight schools want it. Really who
wouldn't? So smooth, quiet, clean, simple, and efficient.

I'd buy a sailboat ( I used to sail ) but I like to keep my
toys locked up on my own property. This is possible but
it'd require adding a 4th building to my place and that's
just too much indulgence.

---
Mark

---
Mark
Old September 21st 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:37:32 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

No, I'm flying Cessna's with a CFI friend on board. I don't have
access to an LSA right now,

??????

which is just as well,

because I
plan on buying an LSA and it would be prudent to have a
CSI that's proficient in that make/model train me.

Maybe it would be prudent for you to get seat time in an LSA before
you shoot off your mouth like you are some kind of ****ing expert?

Maybe that's just me, wanting to be all accurate and non-fukknutzoiod.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj