Hexcel Hexweb Source

Old January 27th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chris

Default Hexcel Hexweb Source

I was looking for a couple small pieces of hexcel aluminum honeycomb.
I want it for "airflow directionalization" project. Want the thermals
to start flowing upward only ;-)

Hexweb CR III or similar material
Either 2 pieces of 4”x7” minimum or a single piece 7x7” min.
I think any of these products would work approxmately .600" thick.
1/8’, 5/32” or 3/16” cell
5052 or 5056 alloy
Any foil thickness.

Does anyone have a source?

Thanks
Chris
Old January 27th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

I got a bunch of the stuff used in the ASK-21 fuselage. It isn't
aluminum, some kind of plastic. Will that do?
JJ
Old January 27th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Jan 27, 1:35*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
I got a bunch of the stuff used in the ASK-21 fuselage. It isn't
aluminum, some kind of plastic. Will that do?
JJ

I buy it all the time in small and large quantities, and in many cell
and thickness dimensions, from:

http://www.honeylitelouvers.com/whatis.html

I use it for lighting, but here is what they say:

HONEYCOMB: The "honeycomb" material that is the basis of our products
was originally developed as a low density-high strength core for
structural use, primarily for the aircraft industry. Utilizing its
intrinsic characteristics, we have developed a family of effective and
versatile glare control devices.

REDUCE GLA Honeylite louvers help control brightness from a
variety of light sources. Whether you are a lighting designer or a
manufacturer, we can help you control glare. From MR11 point sources
to studio high output fluorescent fixtures, we have louvers and
accessories tailored to the application.

Hope that helps,
Brian
Old January 28th 10, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Jan 27, 2:53*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
[...]

You could always grab everything from the straw bin from McDonalds ;-)
Craig
Old January 28th 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Does anyone have a source?

Thanks
Chris

I have some I got from Hexcell and Plascor as samples some time back
for a similar project that I would be happy to share a piece with you.
My pieces are 1/8" cell, 5/8" T and 003 foil. I use it for an air
straightener in the bell mouth inlet of the exhaust vents I make.

Put masking tape on both sides of it for drawing your pattern and
protecting it while cutting it out on a bandsaw. The cell edges need
to stay clean/tidy and they are fragile...

PM me...

paul at eaglebrandproducts dot com

-Paul