Want to borrow the Mold for Libelle vents

Old January 27th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Free Flight 107

Default Want to borrow the Mold for Libelle vents

JJ Sinclair made a set of molds for the Libelle to have vent air
directed to the Canopy. He believes he loaned them out to someone a
few years ago.

Does anyone know anything about them or who has them or how I can get
a set made?

Many thanks,

Wayne at Walker dot ORG
Old January 30th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

On Jan 27, 2:29*pm, Free Flight 107 wrote:
JJ Sinclair made a set of molds for the Libelle to have vent air
directed to the Canopy. He believes he loaned them out to someone a
few years ago.

Does anyone know anything about them or who has them or how I can get
a set made?

Many thanks,

Wayne at Walker dot ORG

Wayne,
If the molds I made don't show up, you can make the H-301 air vent the
way I did by shaping Styrofoam and then fiber-glassing over it with
epoxy resin (don't use polyester resin because it eats Styrofoam). Use
thin cloth and wrap it several times, I used 4 oz cloth. When cured,
eat out the Styrofoam with lacquer thinner. The vent rests on top of
the instrument panel and splits nose air into two channels that curve
up just aft of the instruments and directs air onto the canopy to
prevent condensation from forming on the inside. I installed a
butterfly shutoff valve that is driven by a RC model plastic push-rod
that exits inside the left vent with a small knob screwed onto the
rod. Paint it black and you will be the envy of all your 301 buddies.
I loved the 301, but pushing up to get out was killing my arthritic
shoulders and dealing with the canopy was a pain too.
Have fin,
JJ