FAA Glider Information on CD for $10

Old September 22nd 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default FAA Glider Information on CD for $10

This has been posted before in a thread (about a lost aircraft
registration document) but I thought that a unique thread on the
subject would be useful.

For $10, the FAA will send you a CD filled with every Airworthiness
and Registration document for your glider (nicely imprinted with the
FAA logo and your N number). Most of the information appears to come
from microfiche. See
http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...craft_records/
for details and to order your copy. You can get a paper version for
a whopping $4.30. For an additional $3 they will "certify the record
is true and complete (generally only required for court cases)".

For the Registration documentation, the CD included the multiple bills
of sale (three owners, three sales), the change of registration
request forms, the original German paperwork (Luftfahrt-Budesamt),
change of address requests and even the original glider owner's bank
loan paperwork.

For my Airworthiness Certificate the CD included the original German
paperwork, the first owner's handwritten application and the AC
itself. In the original thread mentioned above the question was
asked, but not answered, if the electronic version of the AC was
"legal" (without spending the extra $3). Anyone know?

While my glider came with most of the paperwork that is mentioned
above, this CD was well worth the cost as a backup.

- John DeRosa

Old September 22nd 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Two minor updates.

In the paragraphs related to the documents included on the CD, the
list of items I mentioned was specific to my glider. Your results may
be greater or lesser than mine. It all depends on how many times the
glider has changed hands and/or been moved.

My glider came with hard copies of most of the items on the CD, but
not all (e.g. the German documents). Again, for $10 it was a very
cheap backup resource of all information related to my glider.

- John DeRosa