Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 8th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

On Mar 8, 5:33 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

If there's a point I don;t see it.

Bertie

It was subtle.

Dan

Old March 8th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in news:b4a2a664-239f-4790-8d7f-164c771eb327@
60g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 8, 5:33 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

If there's a point I don;t see it.

Bertie

It was subtle.

You think i should drive my wife's car?

There's no middle ground on this. It's bite the bullet or suffer the
consequences. Since it's unlikely we're going to do it, I'll just go to my
grave ****ed off about it.

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 8, 6:35 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in news:b4a2a664-239f-4790-8d7f-164c771eb327@
60g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 8, 5:33 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

If there's a point I don;t see it.

Bertie

It was subtle.

You think i should drive my wife's car?

There's no middle ground on this. It's bite the bullet or suffer the
consequences. Since it's unlikely we're going to do it, I'll just go to my
grave ****ed off about it.

Bertie

Depends on what she drives...

Old March 9th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming
Talk-n-Dog[_2_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:36:03 -0500, Talk-n-Dog wrote:

!!! I've never done 150 on a bike! My BMW will do about 110 and that's

Ducati will do 130, been there.

Done that and never again unless it has 4 wheels and a roll bar.

Just don't screw up.
Old March 9th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"John T" wrote:

I've already posted a list of the major professional scientific
organizations which have issued position papers acknowledging the
fact of anthropogenic climate change. Do you have an alternate list?

*That* list is the consensus you speak of? Oh. Well. I *must* be wrong,
then.

You're catching on.

I guess I could quickly compile a list of anti-AGW peers of your peers,

No, you couldn't.

but I seriously doubt the effort is worth it since you're so tied to your
own belief system.

Stop it. You're going to break my irony meter.

Old March 9th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

You're going to break my irony meter.

I told you early on we wouldn't convince the other to change their
position/belief any you devolve this discussion into ad hominem.
sarcasmShocking./sarcasm That's the pattern observed time after time
with this topic.

Some folks like to believe in magical beings; others like to believe humans
have the power to change global climate. I'll wait for the evidence for
either.

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer

Old March 9th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global.warming,alt.usenet.kooks
Kadaitcha Man[_2_]

"Peter J Ross" wrote in message
In alt.usenet.kooks on Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:06:17 +0000 (UTC), Bertie
the Bunyip wrote:

"John T" wrote in
m:

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"The opposite of science is not religion; the opposite of science is
wishful thinking."
-John Derbyshire

Yup. That's what the AGW crowd uses as justification for their
hysteria.

**** you. I'm not hysterical.

Bertie

NEITHER AM I AND I'LL SUE ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's moments like these I wish I had the Berserker running. I'd hit both of
those posts with the Tourette Bot

However I'm only in Oz for a few days to visit my kids so it's not been
worth setting up.

Old March 9th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global.warming,alt.usenet.kooks
Peter J Ross[_2_]

In alt.usenet.kooks on Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:12:41 +1100, Kadaitcha Man
wrote:

"Peter J Ross" wrote in message
In alt.usenet.kooks on Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:06:17 +0000 (UTC), Bertie
the Bunyip wrote:

"John T" wrote in
m:

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"The opposite of science is not religion; the opposite of science is
wishful thinking."
-John Derbyshire

Yup. That's what the AGW crowd uses as justification for their
hysteria.

**** you. I'm not hysterical.

Bertie

NEITHER AM I AND I'LL SUE ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's moments like these I wish I had the Berserker running. I'd hit both of
those posts with the Tourette Bot

However I'm only in Oz for a few days to visit my kids so it's not been
worth setting up.

You might enjoy this:
http://pjr.lasnobberia.co.uk/script/quackify.vim.bz2

And this is my working copy:
http://pjr.lasnobberia.co.uk/script/....vim-alpha.bz2

And this is a simplified, generic version that isn't customised for
Will Dockery:
http://pjr.lasnobberia.co.uk/script/****ify.vim.bz2

In case you're wondering where I got the idea of transforming kooks'
posts in order to make fun of them, I got the idea from you, of
course.

If you were still alive I'd thank you properly.

--
PJR :-)
Old March 9th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global.warming,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_4_]

Kadaitcha Man wrote:

"Peter J Ross" wrote in message
In alt.usenet.kooks on Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:06:17 +0000 (UTC), Bertie
the Bunyip wrote:

"John T" wrote in
m:

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"The opposite of science is not religion; the opposite of science is
wishful thinking."
-John Derbyshire

Yup. That's what the AGW crowd uses as justification for their
hysteria.

**** you. I'm not hysterical.

Bertie

NEITHER AM I AND I'LL SUE ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's moments like these I wish I had the Berserker running. I'd hit both of
those posts with the Tourette Bot

However I'm only in Oz for a few days to visit my kids so it's not been
worth setting up.

Ah well, perhaps Fred will return on a future date.

Old March 9th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 8, 8:07 pm, "John T" wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in message

You're going to break my irony meter.

I told you early on we wouldn't convince the other to change their
position/belief any you devolve this discussion into ad hominem.
sarcasmShocking./sarcasm That's the pattern observed time after time
with this topic.

Some folks like to believe in magical beings; others like to believe humans
have the power to change global climate. I'll wait for the evidence for
either.

--
John Thttp://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyerhttp://sage1solutions.com/products
NEW! FlyteBalance v2.0 (W&B); FlyteLog v2.0 (Logbook)
____________________

This is the typical browbeating behavior that marks the true believers
in this "crisis."

We're supposed to believe that "going green" will require only minor
modifications to our daily behavior, with only minor inconveniences.

One poster suggested "Wind Power" as a viable replacement power
source.

What's unmentioned is wind power's impact on migrating birds, scenic
vistas, and native bats . We have a new "wind farm" being built on
Laurel Ridge, and we have several others in the surrounding area. Huge
tracts of mature forest growth are flattened to emplace these
monstrosities -- the watershed and bear and deer and grouse habitat is
now overshadowed by huge turbines.

Also unmentioned is how solar power can be a viable energy source
where the sun shines an average of 90 days a year.

If we think that our nasty, polluting, unregulated, non-emission
tested internal combustion and turbine engines we rely on to power our
aircraft wouldn't be pulled from the skies for the sake of the
children by the "enlightened majority," then we certainly are deluded.

Of course, certain celebrities, rocks stars, and Oscar Winning
Political blowhards would be exempt, so they continue leading the
cause.

Dan