Peter Hucker

Old January 9th 08, 08:44 PM posted to alt.talk.bollocks,demon.local,comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.products
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Peter Hucker

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:57:35 -0000, Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:21:54 -0000, JeanneDArc~ wrote:

...are you the M15 poster ?

and **** off is not the answer.

I'm not that weird. You may have noticed I tell HIM to **** off....

Do you often talk to yourself, PHucker?

Where did you get to? You weren't Claytoned were you?

--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."
The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, and I didn't land."
Old January 10th 08, 11:20 PM posted to alt.talk.bollocks,demon.local,comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.products
Peter Hucker[_2_]

This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com http://www.petersphotos.com

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."
The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, and I didn't land."

I was lurking in the shadows, waiting to pounce.

I was talking to Bruce.

--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

If the Pope goes #2, does that make it "Holy ****"?
Old January 10th 08, 11:21 PM posted to alt.talk.bollocks,demon.local,comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.products
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:21:54 -0000, JeanneDArc~ wrote:

...are you the M15 poster ?

and **** off is not the answer.

I'm not that weird. You may have noticed I tell HIM to **** off....

Do you often talk to yourself, PHucker?

Where did you get to?

I've been on holidays.

That was a ****ing big holiday.

You weren't Claytoned were you?

Claytoned?

Current Netcop around here.

--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

If you lived as a child in the 70's or the 80's, looking back, it's hard to believe that we have lived as long as we have........ As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paint. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets.(Not to mention hitchhiking to town as a young kid!)

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. Horrors. We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times we learned to solve the problem. We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. No mobile phones. Unthinkable.

We played dodgeball and sometimes the ball would really hurt. We got cut and broke bones and broke teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was to blame but us. Remember accidents? We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learn to get over it.(And mammies never got involved!)

We ate bread and butter, and drank sugary pop but we were never overweight.........we were always outside playing. We shared one bottle of lemonade with four friends, from one bottle and no one died from this?

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X Boxes, video games and all 99 channels on Sky Digital TV, video tape movies, surround sound personal mobile phones, Personal Computers, Internet chat rooms........ we had friends. We went outside and found them.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rung the bell or just walked in and talked to them. Imagine such a thing. Without asking a parent! By ourselves! Out there in the cold cruel world! Without a guardian. How did we do it?

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.

Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law, imagine that! This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years has been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to.

And you're one of them.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please pass this on to others that have had the luck to grow up as kids, before lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our own good?