I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Old December 3rd 05, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
C.D.Damron wrote:
Don't you just hate it when they call your bluff?

Matt

I thought I had it close at hand. We'll find it.

Old December 3rd 05, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Bin Fetters wrote:
Just like many commercial helicopters that also had premature failures
(and that did test 2000 hours), including the R-22 and R-44, some of our
components did not make it to the designed life.

Your designs will never ever be in the sake league as that of Frank
Robinson and NONE of your designs made it even even CLOSE to 2000 hours.

Old December 3rd 05, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

C.D.Damron wrote:
"Dennis Fetters" wrote...
The first time I took it to Oshkosh it had 0 hours. The second time it
had 210 hours.

Who left the master switch on?

By July of 1995, N500ZZ (serial #0000) only had 200 hours and
was by everybody's opinion, the aircraft with the most time.

Old December 3rd 05, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Dennis Fetters wrote:
C.D.Damron wrote:

"Dennis Fetters" wrote in message
et...

You are welcome to prove this statement by posting a little thing called
facts.

FACT: In your literature, you claimed 2000 hour TBO for non-engine parts
while you had never tested any parts for anything approaching 2000 hours.

WRONG!! In our literature we said that we designed the components to a
2000 hour TBO.

Ah. You deliberately misled customers by using weasel words, but didn't
quite say "to", you used the word "with".
Here are some quotes from various brochures over the years:

All components, except the Rotax 582 engine, were designed with a 2,000
hour T.B.O.

All components, except the engine, are designed with a TBO of at least
2,000 hours.

High TBO: All components except the engine and lifetime composite main
blades, are designed with a TBO up to 2,000 hours.

The main transmission contains a set of ground spiral bevel ring and
pinion gears, designed and manufactured specifically for the Mini-500B
to give a 2,000 hour TBO.

We also stated that they were not tested to a 2000 hour TBO.

You _never_ stated any such thing.
Old December 3rd 05, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Bin Fetters wrote:
Just like many commercial helicopters that also had premature failures
(and that did test 2000 hours), including the R-22 and R-44, some of our
components did not make it to the designed life.

Your designs will never EVER be in the same league as that of Frank
Robinson's and NONE of your designs made it even CLOSE to 2000 hours.

Old December 3rd 05, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Dennis Fetters" wrote

Designer of;
Air Command 1/plcs Gyroplanes
Air Command 2/plcs Gyroplanes
Mini-500 1/Plcs Helicopter
Voyager-500 2/Plcs Helicopter
Excalibur 5/Plcs Turbine Helicopter
Star-Lite-A VTUAV Helicopter
Star-Lite-B VTUAV Helicopter

Are they all deathtraps or only the Mini-500?

Old December 3rd 05, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
C.D.Damron wrote:
"Dennis Fetters" wrote...
The first time I took it to Oshkosh it had 0 hours. The second time it
had 210 hours.

Who left the master switch on?

By July of 1995, N500ZZ (serial #0000) only had 200 hours and
was by everybody's opinion, the aircraft with the most time.

For Fetters, the history of the Mini-500 starts with the display and demos
of Cicare CH-6 at Oshkosh. He refers to this aircraft as "the prototype",
but in his own posts states that he did not have access to the prototype
after he ended his relationship with Cicare, forcing him to design and test
a helicopter from scratch.

Based on the timeline, Fetters designed a helicopter from scratch in a year
and half after ending his relationship with Cicare, all the while taking
orders based largely on the excitement generated by the earlier CH-6. I
find it an amazing task that a helicopter could be designed, built, and
tested in this timeframe.

If you think that timeframe is a little tight, throw in a 1993 flood that
Fetters has said resulted in delays.

The high-time aircraft had about 200 hours on it by July of 1995.

I DIDN'T THINK OF IT EARLIER, BUT I WONDER WHEN THE FIRST AIRCRAFT WAS
ASSEMBLED AND TESTED USING PRODUCTION PARTS AS THEY APPEARED IN ACTUAL
PRODUCTION KITS.

This is an important question, as many of the problems associated with the
Mini-500 were quality control issues that might have been revealed had
adequate testing been performed on a kit-built aircraft, instead of a
prototype craft where every part is crafted under close scrutiny.

Old December 3rd 05, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I don't think he's been able to sell anything since the 500 fiasco.

Old December 3rd 05, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

My observation is:
1. Denise is a good businessman, but not a good designer.
2. Cicarre is a good designer, but not a good businessman.

Old December 4th 05, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

Dennis Fetters wrote:

That is true, as I said then and as I say now.... "YOU should not fly
the Mini-500, or any aircraft for that matter, that no longer has
factory support".

Will do!

mk5000

"And I see amazing
And I feel it too
I wish you could meet her
'Coz she comes and goes and when you see her you'll know"--Truly
Amazing (OST-Passion of the Christ), POD