Butterfly iGlide

Old March 28th 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Reed von Gal

Default Butterfly iGlide

Does anybody have experience with this software? It looks really cool
but seems geared towards the European crowd without any airspace/
turnpoint data for the U.S.

I know Winpilot is working on an ipod/ipad version but I want to check
this software out in the meantime.

Reed von Gal
Soaring Society of Boulder
Old March 29th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

Winpilot looks promising, they have a facebook page now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WinPilot/123711787682930

Jim
Old April 26th 12, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Anyone using this iPhone app in the US yet? I have and use Glidepath, Glider GPS, and Glider Tracker all for the iPhone but this app looks much more capable and comparable to the other major programs available on PNA/PDA and android platforms.
Old April 27th 12, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I received a reply from Butterfly stating that they plan to release and support this App in the US included turn point/airspace data within two weeks. Hopefully that doesn't drag out like so many other iPhone app release dates.
Old May 2nd 12, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Apr 27, 12:36*pm, wrote:
I received a reply from Butterfly stating that they plan to release and support this App in the US included turn point/airspace data within two weeks. Hopefully that doesn't drag out like so many other iPhone app release dates.

Out of interest, flying in the UK this week I compared in flight Oudie/
Winpilot on an iPaq/iGlide Lite on the iPhone. In spite of the small
iPhone screen, I found the iGlide display the clearest and brightest
of the three. For what it is worth, I am very happy with the Oudie and
intend to stick with that - I bought the Lite version of iGlide just
to play, and am happy to have it in my pocket as a fallback, but will
not buy the Advanced version. I have no idea how the full capability
of the more expensive version will compare with SeeYou Mobile/Winpilot/
XCSoar/LK8000/Others.