Cup holder

Old October 22nd 17, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Cup holder

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 12:12:32 AM UTC-7, Andy Blackburn wrote:
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 2:23:34 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have a camel back. What if I also want to have a thermos with some ice and pepsi to enjoy a sandwich? ...

Here's a picture, works great.

http://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1sgi3KF...Holder-Hat.jpg

Or go to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/SUCTION-HOLDE.../dp/B00A80CHMQ

I don't recommend this sort of thing. Bulky objects get in the way, jam things. Sealing the open container, stowing the cap invites distractions and complications. Best to keep things simple. It's no picnic up there.
Old October 24th 17, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Guessing a cod to open the CD/DVD tray?

Won't work on an iPad........LOL......
Old November 1st 17, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Newly upgraded to include cup-holder!
They do note "limited to positive G only"...
https://www.vansaircraft.com/public/..._whats-new.htm
Old November 1st 17, 07:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 4:30:17 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
Newly upgraded to include cup-holder!
They do note "limited to positive G only"...
https://www.vansaircraft.com/public/..._whats-new.htm

Most of the bugs are worked out on the new BM pot or cup holder with optional propane catalytic heater to keep hot drinks hot. An electronic gimbal keeps things mostly upright, with blue tooth connectivity to the MKIV for yaw inputs.

There are niggling (can we still use that word?)remaining issues with how the holder deals with negative Gs and turbulence. I think we've worked much of that out by quickly closing the lid, sealing the cup in less than .013 milliseconds when the accelerometers sense the aircraft movements are too much for the gimbal drive. A small sodium azide charge is ignited to drive a tiny pneumatic cylinder which slams the lid shut much faster than you can say "Ouch, Damn"! The noise from the charge is hardly noticeable over the ballistic crack from the rapid lid movement. Hearing protection is suggested and one should never lick the cup in turbulence.

We will be taking orders shortly. Buyers must sign a save and hold harmless liability release and promise to wear a Nomex suit, ballistic vest, Kevlar arm guards, hard hat, face shield and ear plugs at all times when flying.
Old November 1st 17, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Yes, Bumper, but I understand that your cup holder is simply niggardly
in its energy use.Â* (David Howard lost his job over use of that word,
but that was a joke.Â* And, for the offended - look it up.)

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 17th 17, 10:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/...er-with-1-ball
Old November 17th 17, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 1:26:13 AM UTC-8, Mark W wrote:
https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/...er-with-1-ball

Fantastic!
No more need to say "Hold my beer, I'm going to try something!"
Jim
Old November 17th 17, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Terrific!Â* Now you, too, can fly like Bob Hoover!Â* Well...Â* Maybe not.

Cup holder [email protected] Soaring 20 October 30th 17 11:51 PM
Need pictures of Komet Trailer Elevator Holder Scott Alexander[_2_] Soaring 0 July 25th 12 08:50 PM
taller battery holder/clips for Ventus 2? Frank[_12_] Soaring 16 October 9th 10 04:57 AM
L13A Type certificate holder Bruce Soaring 7 August 19th 10 07:01 PM
Wave Alert and record holder caught cheating? bumper Soaring 2 March 15th 09 10:23 AM