Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

Old April 15th 15, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

George Moffat wrote a very interesting book titled, "Winning II" with interesting details of making this this movie.

Tom Knauff
Old April 16th 15, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

To get under the 10 minute limit, the movie is broken into 8
parts.

Guy:

Thanks for sharing this classic soaring film with us. The 10 minute limit was changed to 15 minutes a couple of years ago.
However this is easy to get around. Please put the entire thing up as one so we can enjoy it on our smart TVs. Just follow these instructions:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

Thanks!!
Old April 16th 15, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:59:25 AM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
Guy:

Thanks for sharing this classic soaring film with us. The 10 minute limit was changed to 15 minutes a couple of years ago.
However this is easy to get around. Please put the entire thing up as one so we can enjoy it on our smart TVs. Just follow these instructions:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

Thanks!!

Or, you could just spend less than you probably pay for a tow, and buy a re-mastered DVD copy of it from your favorite glider supply person. If they don't sell it, try Amazon. Trust me. It is money well spent.

Steve Leonard

Old April 16th 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7C

Or, you could just spend less than you probably pay for a tow, and buy a re-mastered DVD copy of it from your favorite glider supply person. If they don't sell it, try Amazon. Trust me. It is money well spent.

The DVD is excellent, great packaging and well worth the small amount of money.

Mel
Old April 20th 15, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 12:25:06 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Andrea, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write some information about your father and to share it with the rest of the gliding community!

Hi, Gleb continued flying. He later moved to Los Angeles continuing his Commercial film career. 3 years later he moved to Durango Colorado, Open his Jewelry studio called One Of a Kind and made and designed jewelry for 20 years. He also took his Instructors test and taught Gliding at La Plata Air field. I was the wing girl way back when for my own flying lessons at days end. Gleb also became an avid Skier and went on to teach skiing. All the while still shooting stills for his personal collection which is Vast! After retiring the jewelry store off Main St. He returned to playing piano both Classical and boggie woggie and began gathering his fashion photos for a book that did not materialize before his passing in a car accident June, 9th 2011, with his wife of 42 years Wally Derujinsky. I have since picked up where Daddy left off promoting his beautiful fashion images from 1950-1968 and am currently working on his book. As an artist dad was always focused and difficult. He did however put his kids 2nd at all times. And that's ok with me. He left me many great memories and lessons I cherish. and the Sunship Game which has introduced me to many great pilots and his admirers! Best, Andrea

Be sure to find Gleb on Facebook and twitter to keep up with news as it develops.
https://twitter.com/GDerujinsky
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gleb-...0838987?ref=hl
www.glebderujinsky.com
Old April 20th 15, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I found it interesting that crews would hook up the trailers and follow the contestants around the course!
Old April 20th 15, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

My crew did that most days during the Pan American Championships! Paid off big on the last day.
Old June 17th 15, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Sunship game should be on YouTube and iTunes! DVDs are so 90's. Who's making the decision to only offer DVDs. In 2 years DVD players will no longer exist. Please reconsider the current strategy or the movie will fade out of view and never be available to you get generations who today look at DVD players the same way we look at 8 track tape.

- end of rant
Old June 17th 15, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 11:39:57 AM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
Sunship game should be on YouTube and iTunes!

I hope that some 'young punk' will post a quick cut mash up of some of the best scenes from Sunship Game, Cloudstreet, Bruno_Videos (TM) with a 'happening and totally groovy' soundtrack.

Tastes change.
Old June 18th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:40:38 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Andrea,

I was very sorry to hear about the passing of Gleb and Wally's passing.

Below you mention the name "Paul". Are you trying to reach me? How can I
help?

You can see the Sun Ship Game DVD which is for sale on my web site he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#SunShipGame

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

wrote in message

On Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 11:13:17 PM UTC-7, sisu1a wrote:
On Sep 8, 8:37 pm, Mike wrote:
I think Gleb still lives in Durango Colorado.

He and his wife, for a long time, ran a jewlery store there, and for a
while Gleb was active in their soaring club, giving instruction.

To add to his online RAS resume, Gleb was also a top fashion
photographer in NYC, his ex-wife Ruth, a fashion model. And for those
who remember, was the guy who shot the Alka Seltzer "On the Rocks"
commercial.

On Sep 8, 9:15 pm, Whiskey Delta wrote:

Most of us know more about George Moffat and what his life in soaring
was like after the Marfa Nationals, but what became of Gleb
Derujinsky? Other than what we know from the movie, does anyone know
what Gleb went on to do? Did he continue to soar? Is he still
flying?

WD

Gleb still lives outside Durango... being the first owner of the Sisu
I have (s/n 101, N6390X) I contacted him some years ago to talk to him
about that (what a great excuse!) and visited him there a few years
back, still keeping in touch. He raced a Std cirrus through the 70s,
and continued to soar and instruct into the 90s before getting really
frustrated with somebody at the club there, after which he tore up his
ticket (literally...) never to fly again. I told him to please send
stuff like that to a museum or at least to me next time, and one day
shortly after that he sent me the compass from Charlie Item (visible
on top of his cowl in Sunship) which was given to him by Schreder (who
'liberated' a bunch from the Navy and gave them out to his friends)
which needless to say is a very proud piece of my collection. I also
talked with a fellow that was given a glider ride by Gleb- 260 miles
in a 2-33! with a 55 mile final glide! said he didn't look once at the
ground but rather kept his eyes glued skyward, although the fellow
riding with him was white knuckled looking down for most of it. This
guy was really in awe of his stick skill and soaring intuition to say
the least. He's not soaring or flying anymore, but he also had a power
ticket w/instrument rating.

In addition to other of his achievements mentioned, he was a serious
top bicycle racer before WWII, played piano in Canagie Hall at age 9
while his mom danced, is the son of a famous sculptor (forgot name,
but made the bronze Roosevelt bust in DC for instance, other
sculptures visible in Sunship are his...), is the grandson of famous
Russian classical composer, made the first known carbon fiber bike
frames- which were then bought by the US olympic committee and reverse
engineered forming the foundation for more to come, made seargent at
age 19, field promoted after laying a road through un-passable mud for
Patten while in an army engineering team in Belgium after the 3
previous teams failed, while a top fashion photographer in the 50's he
went on that first round-world trip on the new 707 as such in addition
to the many covers of Harpar's Bazaar and other pubs his pics were on/
in, raced for Ferarri, and much much more. Apparently he was quite the
life of most any party he was at, and was a heap of fun to be around.
Truly an amazing person, and obviously a personal hero of mine. Oh,
and just about every woman around him had a big crush on him...

BTW, a lot of these are things I learned from others that know him and
did not come from his own bragging, although he really does have a lot
to brag about in my opinion.

-Paul

PS. Sunship Game is a very special movie to me, and I too think the
mangled youtube version is a travesty to that work of art, but I'm
glad others have gotten to see/appreciate it that otherwise may not
have.

PPS. when/if Robert Drew gets things straightened out with the
Beegees, there may be extra scenes included in the real DVD release
since a little birdie suggested it to him and he was warmly receptive
to the notion

HI Paul! I would love you to contact me. I am working on Gleb's book of
Fashion images. and using quotes from Friends and former co workers. Dad as
you may already know passed in a car accident with Wally June 9th 2011. You
can email me or find contact info on glebderujinsky.com. I pray you receive
this message and contact me. Best, Andrea Derujinsky

When I made "A Fine Week of Soaring" the late Bob Drew (who I knew and admired from the documentary film world) was very gracious to let me use some clips from "The Sun Ship Game" to illustrate the "then and now" sequence with George Moffat. I encouraged him to re-master and re-release the film but he was hesitant because of unresolved rights issues with the Bee Gees music..

Years later I got a call from him saying he had done it (at considerable expense) and what should he do next to sell it. I put him in touch with Paul Remde and other soaring businesses and from there it took off. Fortunately it was a couple of months before Christmas so he could take advantage of that.

Interestingly no one in the documentary film world (where he is famous for his pioneering work on "Primary", "Crisis" and other films) knows about "The Sun Ship Game".

Please honor the maker's copyright and buy the DVD.

Juan

Hello Game Lovers, Welcome to the money game world ss Soaring 0 May 17th 09 02:02 PM
OLC and YouTube Paul Cordell Soaring 0 January 4th 08 07:59 PM
For Sale, King Avionics, Complete ship set removed from P210 Al G[_1_] Aviation Marketplace 0 February 26th 07 10:38 PM
The Sun Ship Game and the 1969 US Nationals Jon Clarke Soaring 2 April 17th 06 03:02 AM
Sun Ship Game Video [email protected] Soaring 1 February 18th 05 06:18 PM