Jaxeda covers

Old March 8th 04, 08:01 PM
Andy Melville

Default Jaxeda covers

Our Jaxeda covers seem to have become non waterproof.Also
the 'coating' seems to come off on your hand as a white
chalky powder...anybody out there got similar experience
or had them reproofed?

Old March 8th 04, 09:31 PM
Ged McKnight

Hi

How Old are your covers and for which A/C??

Ged

---

Old March 8th 04, 09:42 PM
John Galloway

At 19:06 08 March 2004, Andy Melville wrote:
Our Jaxeda covers seem to have become non waterproof.Also
the 'coating' seems to come off on your hand as a white
chalky powder...anybody out there got similar experience
or had them reproofed?

We bought Jaxida covers in late 2001 and first used
them in March 2002 on a Duo that was left outdoors
in Scotland. They had a thin 'rubberised' surface
texture that was different to other Jaxida covers I
had seen. When new it felt very nice. Within 2 -
3 weeks of exposure the covers went a distinct yellow
buttery colour and by May the surface was coming of
in a very fine powder that got all over our clothing.
The covers definitely became porous in heavy rain.
I kept Jaxida informed about progress and they asked
for the covers to be returned for inspection. I suggested
delaying this until the end of the season which they
agreed to and when I did return them Jaxida immediately
(and without my requesting it) suggested that they
would replace them. The new covers arrived in early
2003, before our soaring season began, and these ones
have a more usual woven surface texture which has kept
its colour, waterproofing and surface condition over
about 6 months outdoor exposure.

I think that this was excellent service in response
to what seemed to be an unsuitable material used for
the first set of covers. I wonder if your covers were
made from the same batch of material.

BTW, as a general comment for RASers, the design,
fit and tailoring of both our sets of covers was really
excellent and when you look at the amount of work that
goes into them it puts the cost in perspective.

John Galloway