Cirrus Acquired By Chinese Company

Old March 5th 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Stutzman[_3_]

Default Cirrus Acquired By Chinese Company

wrote:
Frank Stutzman wrote:
In rec.aviation.piloting
wrote:

Lot's of countries make airplanes, but when is the last time anyone saw
an APM 30 Lion on the local airplane dealers lot?

"Local airplane dealers lot"? Maybe I should get out more, but I've never
seen such a thing, much less an APM 30 Lion on it.

Yeah, maybe you should get out more, for starters:

http://www.foothillaircraft.com/

http://www.vanbortelaircraftsales.com/

http://www.mccandlessaircraftlc.com/

http://www.griffithaviationsales.com/

http://www.midwest-aviation.com/default.htm

http://www.rivannaaircraftsales.com/default.htm

Though these days there are fewer of them than there used to be.

I didn't say that airplane dealer lots didn't exist. Just that that
they are rare and for most people there are no local ones.

And most of what is in your list are what I would call brokers, not
dealers. I really doubt that actually have all their "inventory"
in one place.

Also, while you didn't say it, the conversation was implying new
aircaft, not used. Excpet for the first one listed I don't see anyone
selling strictly new aircraft.

Sorry, I just seem to be extra pedantic this morning...
--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old March 5th 11, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Frank Stutzman wrote:
wrote:
Frank Stutzman wrote:
In rec.aviation.piloting
wrote:

Lot's of countries make airplanes, but when is the last time anyone saw
an APM 30 Lion on the local airplane dealers lot?

"Local airplane dealers lot"? Maybe I should get out more, but I've never
seen such a thing, much less an APM 30 Lion on it.

Yeah, maybe you should get out more, for starters:

http://www.foothillaircraft.com/

http://www.vanbortelaircraftsales.com/

http://www.mccandlessaircraftlc.com/

http://www.griffithaviationsales.com/

http://www.midwest-aviation.com/default.htm

http://www.rivannaaircraftsales.com/default.htm

Though these days there are fewer of them than there used to be.

I didn't say that airplane dealer lots didn't exist. Just that that
they are rare and for most people there are no local ones.

That depends a lot on the population densitiy of the area; there are
several in California but none that I know of in New Mexico.

And most of what is in your list are what I would call brokers, not
dealers. I really doubt that actually have all their "inventory"
in one place.

I have never seen a dealer that wasn't also a broker and usually whatever
used aircraft will fit are on their lot, or at least the "best sellers"
are.

Also, while you didn't say it, the conversation was implying new
aircaft, not used. Excpet for the first one listed I don't see anyone
selling strictly new aircraft.

Even in the glory days of the 70's there were hardly any sellers that just
sold new aircraft from one manufacturer.

BTW, the first one listed does not just sell new aircraft nor did they in
the 70's when they were a factory approved Cessna and Mooney dealer.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.