Restored B-17 Flying video

Old November 8th 05, 11:38 PM
Flyingmonk

Default Restored B-17 Flying video

My first was a Commodore 64 with a daisy-wheel printer and a floppy
disk drive, Waah Hoo! was I happy to have it then.

Boy, I must be old to have had a C-64.

Bryan "Feeling Old" Chaisone

Old November 9th 05, 12:13 AM
Flyingmonk

I still have my C-64 w/ all its accessories. Collector's item? Not!

Bryan

Old November 9th 05, 12:27 AM
Flyingmonk

Mine're taking up garage space.

Old November 9th 05, 12:42 AM
Flyingmonk

No doubt you are correct on that. I'll have to get more tools.
Bought a router the other day, haven't tried it yet. 'wife bought the
bits for it. BTW, where in NC are you. We, the family, go to the OB
three four times a year and to Mrtyle Beach SC too, where we
religiously stay at this one B&B plaec that's a block from the beach.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old November 9th 05, 01:08 AM
Morgans

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
My first was a Commodore 64 with a daisy-wheel printer and a floppy
disk drive, Waah Hoo! was I happy to have it then.

Boy, I must be old to have had a C-64.

My wife still has her 64, that has 4 floppies hooked to it, to run a program
she had to write for a class. Umm. Miss it? Not!
--
Jim in NC

Old November 9th 05, 01:14 AM
N93332

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
My first was a Commodore 64 with a daisy-wheel printer and a floppy
disk drive, Waah Hoo! was I happy to have it then.

Boy, I must be old to have had a C-64.

Mine was a TRS-80 with 4K of RAM, 4K of ROM, cassette tape and monitor circa
1978. Upgrading it to 16K RAM got me a few good years out of it before it
was obsolete. I then did the Commodore 64 and a 128-D and ran a BBS back in
the 80's on them with floppy drives.

I'm sure glad airplanes don't go 'obsolete' as fast. My '46 Ercoupe works
fine for me...

-Greg B.

Old November 9th 05, 01:26 AM
Morgans

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I still have my C-64 w/ all its accessories. Collector's item? Not!

Hey, my computer teckie son still has his Atari game, and his buddies still
play it sometimes. Go figure!

My wife's 64 is doing a good job of keeping the attic floorboards from
floating away. g
--
Jim in NC

Old November 9th 05, 01:30 AM
Morgans

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine're taking up garage space.

THAT is a nearly unforgivable sin. Attic space is free. Garage space is
for tools. Clearly, you need to buy more tools! g
--
Jim in NC

Old November 9th 05, 03:42 AM
George Patterson

N93332 wrote:

Ok, thanks! Missing top turret? It looks like it's there...

It obviously has the exterior glass part, but there's a rotating cylindrical
metal stand for the gunner inside the plane which is part of a functioning
turret. Perhaps that's what's missing? If so, you'd need a small ladder to get
your head up into the dome.

The ball turrets also had lots of hardware inside the plane. Some restorers
remove this stuff to make it easy for people to traverse the plane. It was
pretty cramped inside a fully functional B-17. Without the interior hardware,
the turrets can't rotate.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old November 9th 05, 05:45 AM
Morgans

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message

No doubt you are correct on that. I'll have to get more tools.

Glad you see it my way! ;-)

Bought a router the other day, haven't tried it yet. 'wife bought the
bits for it.

I happen to be a "bit" of a woodworker, as a matter of fact! It is my day
job, and hobby. I hope to build a wood airplane, one of these days.

Go with carbide bits, with almost no exceptions.

The ball bearing bits, to guide on the wood are really great. Find some
straight bits with the ball bearing on the top side of the cutter, too.
They are hard to find, sometimes. You use them where you cut a pattern and
fasten it to the wood, and then the bearing goes around guiding off of the
pattern, merrily cutting the pattern into the wood. Fasten a good
straight-edge to a board, and you can trim your way into a perfectly
straight board.

Routers are an incredible tool. There are lots of magazines, articles and
books on using them to do all sorts of things you have never even thought
of!

Where in NC are you.

20 miles north of Hickory (HKY). 2 miles from Lower Creek (private - NC27)
(West Central part of the state)

We, the family, go to the OB three four times a year and to Mrtyle Beach SC

too, where we religiously stay at this one B&B plaec that's a
block from the beach.

Nothing like the outer banks. Some of the nicest beaches in the world.
Good family fun. I go to Ocean Isle Beache a couple times a year with the
whole extended family. I play with a little RC plane, flown right off the
sand. They lay in the sun, I play in the sun. (in the air) g
--
Jim in NC