Al Gore's Private Jet

Old April 6th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Al Gore's Private Jet

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

You haven't viewed Gore's movie yet. It's on SHO:
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/search/searchProgramGuide.jsp?_requestid=434646.
Watch it, and your questions will be answered.

It's propaganda.

Old April 6th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Matt Whiting wrote:

Yes, that is the truly sad part. Then again, I don't think real winners
would ever run for political office in this country, so we'll never have
that as a ballot option. The best we can do is vote for the least
harmful loser.

When you can buy votes with money taken from people who work, innovate,
create and put their time and money at risk then elections cease to be
a fair and equitable means to elect people.
Old April 6th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Larry Dighera wrote:

Actually, it demonstrates that the majority of voters are easily
fooled, and a significant number of voters have a vested interest in
seeing that their leaders advance their personal interests at the
expense of the good of the nation, IMO.

I couldn't agree more Larry. Politicians buy votes and pander to
various factions for theit own self interest. There are no true
'leaders" among any of them.

Our schools continmue to vomit masses of poorly educated (more like
indoctrinated) students having minimal to ZERO understanding of
fundamental principles of economics. The NEA is a HUGE lobby and
receives a massive amount of pandering from most politicians.

garbage in... garbage out.

Old April 6th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 6 Apr 2007 09:57:26 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote in om:

In the history of the world, when has anything ever become more
efficient, better service, and less money by having the gov't provide
it????

I think air travelers were better off before airline deregulation.
Passengers had more room. Stews were younger. Food was better than
today. ...

Old April 6th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

To hell with
the future generations. So what if they inherit the consequences of
our generation's rush to combust the products of hundreds of millions
or years of life on our planet; it won't affect me today. Brilliant!
Why didn't I think of that? :-(

As I stated Larry, the population growth of other areas of the world are
eclipsing that of the United States with each passing year. We *might*
get many thousands, even millions of more years on this planet if the
population growth were to stop... and we began to manage resources on
a *global* level....

....but intellectually you must admit that will *never* happen so why
get your panties in a wad hoping that somehow the government of the
United States can pass laws to fix it.

Old April 6th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 12:05:17 -0500, 601XL Builder
wrDOTgiacona@suddenlinkDOTnet wrote in
:

But to do so we are screwing which nature which the environmentalists
have been saying is BAD for the last 50 years or so.

Oh, you mean like banning fluorocarbon aerosol propellants to diminish
the destruction of the ozone layer? :-(

Then there is the whole issue that the warming trend isn't even limited
to Earth and that Mars is experiencing global warming as well.

That's a diversionary argument that skirts the issue of the effect of
global warming on the potential extinction of species, flooding of
coastal land, and ocean current disruption.

Old April 6th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Amen! In the history of the world, when has anything ever become more
efficient, better service, and less money by having the gov't provide
it???? On the other hand, if the goal is to get 10% of people to pay
for the other 90%, then gov't is the only way to make that happen. I'd
love to see someone actually try to bring the IRS up on charges of
extortion. Stop paying your taxes and men with guns WILL show up in
your house in the middle of the night!!!

Well stated Robert. In fact... if the government had to stand the
scrutiny of its own rules for private entities, the Social [in]Security
System would be shut down and its administrators (the US Congress)
would be facing class action lawsuits for breach of contract and
numerous SEC violations.

If its such a great retirement program why does the government *force*
people to participate??

But I digress...

Old April 6th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Then why did you ask that it be done?

Not asked, challenged. One should be prepared to prove what one asserts.

Old April 6th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

I think air travelers were better off before airline deregulation.
Passengers had more room. Stews were younger. Food was better than
today. ...

But it cost more.

Spoof on Gore's movie has cool av scenes R.L. Piloting 0 May 25th 06 01:33 PM
Spoof on Gore's movie has cool av scenes R.L. Aerobatics 0 May 25th 06 01:33 PM
WTD:private pilot dvd course orange Owning 0 May 10th 06 05:46 AM
Private Exam Slick Piloting 8 December 3rd 04 04:27 AM
Private air strip..... yes or no??? Wdtabor Piloting 81 February 15th 04 08:15 AM