Siezed aircraft

Old April 27th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Siezed aircraft

Good day, I understand that the seized aircraft that are used for drug
running are often sold or auctioned. I am particularly interested in
Cessna 172's. Does anybody have any contact or website details on
these aircraft?

A collegue of mine who I have lost contact with bought a King Air from
this source once.

Old April 27th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve Foley

I typed 'seized aircraft' into google. The first page returned was
www.treasury.gov/auctions/customs/planes.html

oups.com...

Old April 27th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Which is a

Steve Foley wrote:
I typed 'seized aircraft' into google. The first page returned was
www.treasury.gov/auctions/customs/planes.html

Which for some reason takes you to the Real property auction. Here's a link
for the aircraft but there aren't any available right now.

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

Old April 27th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 27, 11:46 am, wrote:
Good day, I understand that the seized aircraft that are used for drug
running are often sold or auctioned. I am particularly interested in
Cessna 172's. Does anybody have any contact or website details on
these aircraft?

I don't think 172's are very popular with drug runners. You may get a
good deal on a really piece of junk 210 though. Drug runners don't do
good annual inspections, AD compliance, etc. I heard that hundreds of
mothballed 737's have been bought up by these guys now.

-robert

Old April 27th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

I'll bet that bird's a bitch to get into a 2500' unlit grass strip at night.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
oups.com...

Old April 27th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

Jim Carter wrote:
I'll bet that bird's a bitch to get into a 2500' unlit grass strip at night.

Yeah, but you only have to do it once...

Old April 27th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 27, 3:21 pm, "Jim Carter" wrote:
I'll bet that bird's a bitch to get into a 2500' unlit grass strip at night.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

... I heard that hundreds of
mothballed 737's have been bought up by these guys now.

-robert- Hide quoted text -

I don't know that they need to get into dark strips at night anymore.
That's kind of the point. A lot of drug running is done in the open in
South American today, they can use 737's.

-robert

Old April 28th 07, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Jim Stewart wrote:
Jim Carter wrote:
I'll bet that bird's a bitch to get into a 2500' unlit grass strip at
night.

Yeah, but you only have to do it once...

If we pull this off we'll eat like kings...