twin boom pusher design/prototype for sale on ebay

Old March 7th 05, 03:49 AM
rich a.

Default twin boom pusher design/prototype for sale on ebay

Search on ebay for item number : 4533523478 Anyone know the name of
the "famous designer" refered to? The performance claims seem
unrealistic at best. I doubt even the short wing version will reach
237 mph.....unless in a full power straight down dive. Just my
opinion.
Old March 7th 05, 12:48 PM
rich a.

Good guess Ron.....seems likely.

Search on ebay for item number : 4533523478 Anyone know the name of
the "famous designer" refered to? The performance claims seem
unrealistic at best. I doubt even the short wing version will reach
237 mph.....unless in a full power straight down dive. Just my
opinion.

The seller says:

"What is being offered for sale he A completely new MANUFACTURING concept in
aircraft design whose prototype set the Oshkosh air show on its ear in 1987."

I looked through the Oshkosh '87 coverage in SPORT AVIATION and KITPLANES. No
mention of this type of aircraft.

The seller also says:

"Formerly known as the ?Jaeger? when first introduced in 1987. "

I searched the EAA CD set for the name. Other than *people* named Jaeger, and
the old "Der Jaeger" biplane, it didn't come up with any new fantastic airplanes
under that name.

So....hmmm, pusher airplane with the pilot in a pod, outlandish performance
claims, production stopped by lawsuits. That "famous designer" must be Jim
Bede.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Old March 7th 05, 12:54 PM
Chuck Slusarczyk

In article , Ron Wanttaja says...
The seller also says:

"Formerly known as the “Jaeger” when first introduced in 1987. "

I searched the EAA CD set for the name. Other than *people* named Jaeger, and
the old "Der Jaeger" biplane, it didn't come up with any new fantastic airplanes
under that name.

So....hmmm, pusher airplane with the pilot in a pod, outlandish performance
claims, production stopped by lawsuits. That "famous designer" must be Jim
Bede.... :-)

I seem to remember somebody taking the BD fuse and wing and building twin booms
for it .Is there a photo on E bay? I thought it was a one off that was at Osh
back then. I think it might have been a cover shot as well on one of the
aviation rags. If it's the one there was some discussion concerning wrinkles on
the wing while in flight and a design change to heavier metal. But then again my
memory ain't what it used to be :-0
See ya

Chuck S

Old March 7th 05, 02:13 PM
Doc Font

In article ,
Chuck Slusarczyk wrote:

I seem to remember somebody taking the BD fuse and wing and building twin
booms
for it .Is there a photo on E bay? I thought it was a one off that was at Osh
back then. I
Chuck S

The ebay plane is composite fuselage not aluminum.

Bernadette
Old March 8th 05, 12:57 AM
Bob K.

Dang, this one is bugging me. It came up for sale about half a year
ago, and at the time I found enough clues to figure out the designer.
But I forgot to add it to my bookmarks, and now I've forgotten how I
found it.

Bob K.

Old March 8th 05, 01:08 AM
Bob K.

Earlier, Richard Riley wrote:

I'm pretty sure this one was a Dean Wilson project, back in the days
when Kitfox split off from Avid.

That is supported by some of the scans I just found on this site:

http://www.trilogy-aircraft.com

Bob K.

Old March 8th 05, 02:57 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Doc Font says...

The ebay plane is composite fuselage not aluminum.

As Rosanne Rosannadana used to say " Oh! That's something entirely different.."
Maybe the seller can shed some light on where some of the articles on the plane
might be located.

Good luck

Chuck S

Old March 8th 05, 03:53 PM
Gary Thomas

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

In article , Doc Font says...

The ebay plane is composite fuselage not aluminum.

As Rosanne Rosannadana used to say " Oh! That's something entirely different.."
Maybe the seller can shed some light on where some of the articles on the plane
might be located.

Good luck

Chuck S

There is an article in the September 1970 Sport Aviation by Marshall
White titled, Profile of a Homebuilt "Der Jaeger". That seems too early
for the airplane described on ebay but the name is the same. Does
someone have a copy of the magazine to see if it's the same?

Gary Thomas