Grob 102 Tail Dolly

Old April 19th 19, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Grob 102 Tail Dolly

I am in search of a tail dolly for a Grob 102 Standard Astir III

IMI sells various tail dolly’s including several that fit the Grob Astir CS, Astir Jeans, and Astir 77.

Would anyone know if these might also fit the 102 Standard Astir III? Same fuse or different?

Thanks in advance.

Scott
Old April 19th 19, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

I am in search of a tail dolly for a Grob 102 Standard Astir III

IMI sells various tail dolly’s including several that fit the Grob Astir CS, Astir Jeans, and Astir 77.

Would anyone know if these might also fit the 102 Standard Astir III? Same fuse or different?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Scott,

as far as I know, all G102 used the same simple 'peg' type dolly which is simply stuck into the tubular receiver in the tail. You should be able to make one yourself. I can take measurements of the dolly we have, if you like.

Uli
'AS'
Old April 19th 19, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

All the original Astirs yes. The Standard III’s do not have the hole for the peg style dolly. Wish it did and I did verify it is not on ours.

5 points for a good attempt.
Old April 19th 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

5 points for a good attempt.

Thanks for the points! I can always use them. ;-)

Uli
'AS'
Old April 19th 19, 08:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Email IMI - they respond well to queries.
Old April 19th 19, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Howdy John. I did contact IMI previously. They don’t know.

I also spoke with the wise Mr. Mudd here in the states who referred me to LTB Lindner in Germany. I sent them an email but have not yet heard back.

Here’s the good news: I gave Uli 5 points but I still have enough points to make this a very lucrative opportunity for someone. (Rather not say how many points I have so as not to cause a stampede but lets just say it’s a significant number).

So step right up. Don’t be shy. Everyone wins a prize! (Carnival barker voice)

Old April 19th 19, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 9:06:59 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Howdy John. I did contact IMI previously. They don’t know.

I also spoke with the wise Mr. Mudd here in the states who referred me to LTB Lindner in Germany. I sent them an email but have not yet heard back.

Here’s the good news: I gave Uli 5 points but I still have enough points to make this a very lucrative opportunity for someone. (Rather not say how many points I have so as not to cause a stampede but lets just say it’s a significant number).

So step right up. Don’t be shy. Everyone wins a prize! (Carnival barker voice)

... who referred me to LTB Lindner in Germany.

Dang-it! That would have been my next recommendation but Robert beat me to the clock on that one. Could have used another 5 Points! ;-)
You didn't say when you contacted LTB-Lindner but keep in mind that in Germany Good Friday and Easter-Monday are state holidays and a lot of people are taking off these tow weeks around Easter.
If all fails, you can use your fuselage to make a dolly yourself. I remember doing that as a kid on a ASW15. It is not rocket surgery - just time consuming.

Uli
'AS'
Old April 22nd 19, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In case someone searches this thread in the futu

I measured a Grob Astir and a Grob Standard Astir III and the fuses are not the same. Standard III has a larger fuse at the tail dolly area.

I give myself 14 points.

Grob drop off tail dolly Greg Delp Soaring 6 June 12th 13 11:29 PM
Grob 103 Tail Dolly Roger Fowler[_2_] Soaring 3 September 1st 10 02:21 AM
Wanted: Tail Dolly for Grob 102 Club III Mitch Deutsch Soaring 2 May 4th 10 09:05 PM
LS4 tail dolly Leigh Soaring 0 May 30th 08 02:02 AM
FS: ASW-24 Tail Dolly [email protected] Soaring 0 December 26th 06 03:40 PM