Duo Discus X revealed

Old April 28th 05, 07:59 AM
ventus2

Default Duo Discus X revealed

Details at www.schempp-hirth.com

Chris

Old April 28th 05, 09:52 AM
Mal

Chris,

Got a demo one for me to fly in the nsw state comps

Mal

www.mals.net

"Ten80" wrote in message
Damn, it's now my birthday tomorrow, someone buy me one PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Details at www.schempp-hirth.com

Chris

Old April 28th 05, 12:16 PM
Nick Gilbert

He does have a demo Mal, but to fly it at the NSW State Comps you need to
make a $170,000 donation to Chris.

Ohh, and you get the keep the glider.

Nick.

Details at www.schempp-hirth.com

Chris

Old April 28th 05, 12:27 PM
Mal

Powerball is 22 million tonight my first three phone calls would be Your
Dad, Bernard and Chris.

Details at www.schempp-hirth.com

Chris

Old April 28th 05, 04:23 PM
Bruce

Now if it just had one of those self launch things in the back it would be
perfect...

Just jealous I suppose.

Bruce
--
I'm no-T at the address above.
-+-
Old April 29th 05, 03:21 PM
Malcolm Austin

Bruce, I'm really worried about your glider below!!

According to my calculations one wing is longer than the other ;-)
Depending on
whether we are looking at the tail or the nose it's gonna be doing right of
left hand
circles all the time.

Did it pass a CofA ?

Malcolm....

Old April 29th 05, 11:12 PM
Guy Byars

"Malcolm Austin" wrote in message
Bruce, I'm really worried about your glider below!!

According to my calculations one wing is longer than the other ;-)

One wing longer than the other, No problem:

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n_o_d/weird_01.htm

Old April 30th 05, 04:41 PM
Mike Lindsay

In article , Guy Byars
writes

"Malcolm Austin" wrote in message
Bruce, I'm really worried about your glider below!!

According to my calculations one wing is longer than the other ;-)

One wing longer than the other, No problem:

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n_o_d/weird_01.htm

That's a really interesting site.

There is a story in "Scientific Intelligence in WW2" by R V Jones about
an HE 111 which was built by the British at Farnborough from bits of
shot down HE111's

When they came to test flying it, it seemed to be almost uncontrollable.

They got a co-operative Luftwaffe P.O.W to have a look. He took one
glance and burst out laughing.

It seems there were 2 versions of this plane, one of which had slightly
longer wings.

You've guessed it, one wing from each version.
--
Mike Lindsay
Old April 30th 05, 11:01 PM
Malcolm Austin

A bit like "Flight of the Phoenix" that went wrong then.

Malcolm..

PS. for those that don't know look this up in the film directories...

"Mike Lindsay" wrote in message
In article , Guy Byars
writes

"Malcolm Austin" wrote in message
Bruce, I'm really worried about your glider below!!

According to my calculations one wing is longer than the other ;-)

One wing longer than the other, No problem:

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n_o_d/weird_01.htm

That's a really interesting site.

There is a story in "Scientific Intelligence in WW2" by R V Jones about
an HE 111 which was built by the British at Farnborough from bits of
shot down HE111's

When they came to test flying it, it seemed to be almost uncontrollable.

They got a co-operative Luftwaffe P.O.W to have a look. He took one
glance and burst out laughing.

It seems there were 2 versions of this plane, one of which had slightly
longer wings.

You've guessed it, one wing from each version.
--
Mike Lindsay

Discus 2b cockpit comfort? Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 11 January 12th 04 08:03 PM
[LBA] Schempp-Hirth - Discus bT - Discus Frederic FUCHS Soaring 0 September 17th 03 08:42 AM
All Czech built Discus grounded Paul Soaring 0 September 14th 03 02:22 AM
18m Discus Burt Compton Soaring 2 September 8th 03 10:52 AM
Duo Discus Tech note Thomas Knauff Soaring 25 August 9th 03 10:10 PM