Low Super Hornet

Old October 17th 09, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default Low Super Hornet

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hornet1 copy.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	39206
Old October 18th 09, 03:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

"Glenn" wrote in message

Hey! The backseat is empty! Too bad. I would have enjoyed the ride!

Nick

Old October 18th 09, 11:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Sveinson

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

Hey! The backseat is empty! Too bad. I would have enjoyed the ride!

Nick

There is a Spifire in England that with others were
modified for the Irish Air Force so that the instructer
can go with the students to see how they are doing.

This Spitfire ML 407, went to war in Normandy,
although not as a two seater.
Its wartime livery IIRC was an Australian squadron.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbc5cCM0XA&NR=1

` This Spit was salvaged and brought to Duxford IIRC
by Nick Grace
where it was restored, and test flown
. Shortly after this Nick Grace was killed in a car
accident..

The Spit now belongs to his wife Carolyn Grace,
who has enough edorsements on her
pilot's that she can take passengers.

Some of her endorsements include aerobatics,
squadron aerobatics.
A 30 minute flight will cost somewhat more
than 1,500 British Pounds.

I think that it was in 2006 or 2007 that
I finally got off my tail and applied for a ride.

I was then told that there could be a three to five
year wait.
Last friday I received an update and was asked to
email them if I am still interested.
OH YES I AM.

They promise to give me a 3 or 4 week
warning for my flight.
And my weight could not exceed 14,stones ( a stone being 16
pounds). I may have my stones and other things confused
and they WILL WEIGH ME before the flight. I wonder
how much I will weigh after the flight!!

My hands are just getting all sweaty again
just thinking about it!!

Robert

I think that their web site can be found using
google!

Old October 19th 09, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Robert Sveinson" wrote in news:0uMCm.1034$LE1.20
@newsfe14.iad:

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

[...]

A stone is fourteen (14) pounds avoir du poids. You had better adjust
your diet.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old October 19th 09, 03:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Sveinson

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the heads up

SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old October 19th 09, 09:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Robert Sveinson wrote:
"Canuck" wrote in message
"Glenn" wrote in message

[...]

Having seen the way she flies that aircraft, I hope that you've got a
strong stomach!

I just caught it last week after emerging from one of the hangers at
Duxford.

®i©ardo

--
Moving things in still pictures

....aided by FastStone's Free And Infinitely Flexible Photographic Fixing

www.FastStone.org

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Duxford 2009 01.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	39209  Click image for larger version

Name:	Duxford 2009 02.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	39210  Click image for larger version

Name:	Duxford 2009 03.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	39211
Old October 19th 09, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

"Robert Sveinson" wrote in message

There is a Spifire in England that with others were
modified for the Irish Air Force so that the instructer
can go with the students to see how they are doing.

A 30 minute flight will cost somewhat more
than 1,500 British Pounds.

I think that it was in 2006 or 2007 that
I finally got off my tail and applied for a ride.

I was then told that there could be a three to five
year wait.
Last friday I received an update and was asked to
email them if I am still interested.
OH YES I AM.

WOW! I am SO jealous! That is going to be one heck of an adventure and I'll
bet you something you won't forget!

I'm sure you will get a lot of great photos too! Can't wait to see them!

Nick

Old October 22nd 09, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Sveinson

"®i©ardo" wrote in message
Robert Sveinson wrote:
"Canuck" wrote in message
"Glenn" wrote in message

[...]

Don't they supply helmets that you can
wear on you head, or pull it off your
head to be sick in!

I am getting closer to the magical day when I
can do the flight! I just got mail from then asking
if I am still interested. Oh yes!
Some instructions about confirming
my wish!

®i©ardo

Old October 22nd 09, 10:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Robert Sveinson wrote:
"®i©ardo" wrote in message
Robert Sveinson wrote:
"Canuck" wrote in message
"Glenn" wrote in message

[...]

I'm sure that they can cope with the body's funny little ways when under
stress!

Have fun Robert, I envy you that trip.

--
Moving things in still pictures

Old October 22nd 09, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Barnard

I am getting closer to the magical day when I
can do the flight! I just got mail from then asking
if I am still interested. Oh yes!
Some instructions about confirming
my wish!

From another jealous Grace fan, if there's some way of recording your
experience, please do so and share? It's the closest I'll ever get!

TIA.