My new book

Old March 6th 16, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default My new book

Thanks Gary for an interesting walk down memory lane, how can you remember so many details about flights over 40 years ago?? You must have a photographic memory. You are one of very few competitors who have given back to the sport by running numerous regional and national competitions.
A big thank you and Good Finish Doctor Kemp!!
JJ
Old March 6th 16, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 8:41:18 PM UTC-8, gkemp wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=1&*entries*=0

Might be interesting to some of the pilots in the American southwest

Thank you.
Old March 6th 16, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 5:48:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Thanks Gary for an interesting walk down memory lane, how can you remember so many details about flights over 40 years ago?? You must have a photographic memory. You are one of very few competitors who have given back to the sport by running numerous regional and national competitions.
A big thank you and Good Finish Doctor Kemp!!
JJ

Thanks for the kind comments. My memory seems to be able to recall a lot of past flights. But I also have short statements from my log books and I keep a daily journal.

JJ, if you would like please enter this comment on my Amazon book page.

Thanks,

Gary
Old March 6th 16, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bravo Gary! I just finished binge reading your book and would like to thank you for remembering and journaling all those wonderful moments when we were flying and racing. I will have three gliders this summer and in that I can only fly one at a time, would appreciate it if you could come up to Siskiyou County and fly with us. I bought lee's ASH 25 after his stroke and it doesn't get flown enough.
Dale
Old March 7th 16, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

Thanks for the kind words, go on Amazon and review my book if you are so inclined. Would love to come up and fly with you but would need a check ride as it has been 10 years since I have flown.

Gary
Old March 8th 16, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A great job Gary. Good stories relating to the long suffering endured by Nancy and the kids and grandkids! The early pictures of Tulare and El Mirage are great.

I used the "Kindle Cloud Reader" that works in your web browser. You can store the ebook in the cloud and read it from most any internet connected devise. http://read.amazon.com
Old March 9th 16, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZZ

I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Thanks for the memories.
Paul
Old March 11th 16, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 9:41:18 PM UTC-7, gkemp wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=1&*entries*=0

Might be interesting to some of the pilots in the American southwest

Thanks to everyone for good reviews on Amazon, people seem to enjoy the read.

gary
Old March 18th 16, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Le vendredi 11 mars 2016 17:52:44 UTC+1, gkemp a écrit*:
On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 9:41:18 PM UTC-7, gkemp wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=1&*entries*=0

Might be interesting to some of the pilots in the American southwest

Thanks to everyone for good reviews on Amazon, people seem to enjoy the read.

gary

Very entertaining to read. My first Kindle e-book...
Old March 19th 16, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Gary,

Your book is bringing back great stories and many memories ( about 20pct in so far...). I soloed in 1967 in the SCSA Flight Group 2-33 under Stan Winsor... private Glider check with Ross Briegleb also at El Mirage summer of 1968. I also flew my early contests in Minden, Bishop,El Mirage and Estrella. So much more activity especially in contests During this era. Remember Delano CCSC mid 80s... at 65 entrants!

Still in contact with Dan Pierson and Ken Hornbrook. Will make sure they are aware of your book and/or loan them a Kindle reader.

Walt Rogers WX