How long?

Old June 3rd 05, 04:24 PM
Jerry Springer

Default How long?

I just realized that next month I will have been flying my RV-6 for 16
years. I made the first flight on it July 14, 1989. I built the second
customer built RV-6 and have about 1100 tach hours on it. This is not a
lot of time given the length of time that I have been flying it but I
believe it is probably above the average.
There are a few guys in my local area that have over 2000 hours on their
RV's

I am just curious how long others here have owned their homebuilt
aircraft and how many hours you have on it?

Jerry
Old June 4th 05, 04:17 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:24:58 -0700, Jerry Springer
wrote:

I just realized that next month I will have been flying my RV-6 for 16
years. I made the first flight on it July 14, 1989. I built the second
customer built RV-6 and have about 1100 tach hours on it. This is not a
lot of time given the length of time that I have been flying it but I
believe it is probably above the average.
There are a few guys in my local area that have over 2000 hours on their
RV's

I am just curious how long others here have owned their homebuilt
aircraft and how many hours you have on it?

Jerry

my Tailwind is 20 years old in 3 months.
had 320 hours on it when I bought it 3-4 years ago.
I've taken that up to 584 hours tacho time.
Stealth Pilot
Old June 4th 05, 04:41 PM
Ron Wanttaja

wrote:

I just realized that next month I will have been flying my RV-6 for 16
years. I made the first flight on it July 14, 1989. I built the second
customer built RV-6 and have about 1100 tach hours on it. This is not a
lot of time given the length of time that I have been flying it but I
believe it is probably above the average.
There are a few guys in my local area that have over 2000 hours on their
RV's

I am just curious how long others here have owned their homebuilt
aircraft and how many hours you have on it?

my Tailwind is 20 years old in 3 months.
had 320 hours on it when I bought it 3-4 years ago.
I've taken that up to 584 hours tacho time.
Stealth Pilot

My Fly Baby is 23 years old. I bought it nine years ago with 100 hours TT (25
SMOH) and have put almost 300 hours on it.

Ron Wanttaja
Old June 4th 05, 06:27 PM
Charlie

wrote:

I just realized that next month I will have been flying my RV-6 for 16
years. I made the first flight on it July 14, 1989. I built the second
customer built RV-6 and have about 1100 tach hours on it. This is not a
lot of time given the length of time that I have been flying it but I
believe it is probably above the average.
There are a few guys in my local area that have over 2000 hours on their
RV's

I am just curious how long others here have owned their homebuilt
aircraft and how many hours you have on it?

my Tailwind is 20 years old in 3 months.
had 320 hours on it when I bought it 3-4 years ago.
I've taken that up to 584 hours tacho time.
Stealth Pilot

My Fly Baby is 23 years old. I bought it nine years ago with 100 hours TT (25
SMOH) and have put almost 300 hours on it.

Ron Wanttaja

RV-4 completed 1991, purchased 2003, currently just under 1000 hrs
Charlie
Old June 5th 05, 01:29 AM

I'm a newcomer. A year ago I passed my checkride and was pronounced fit to
continue learning to fly. I bought a Savannah kit (an improved CH701) and had
it flying by last December, so I've owned a finished homebuilt for six months
and I've got 62 hours in it so far. The weather has been too crumby for long
flights, so I hope to rack up a bunch of hours this summer going out to the
desert in eastern Oregon.

tom pettit

Old June 5th 05, 02:51 AM
Marc J. Zeitlin

Jerry Springer asks:

I am just curious how long others here have owned their homebuilt
aircraft and how many hours you have on it?

Built my COZY MKIV from 1995 to 2002 - first flight August 4th, 2002.
Now have 250 hours on it.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://marc.zeitlin.home.comcast.net/

Flight test update - long nauga Home Built 1 June 5th 04 03:09 AM
SWRFI Pirep.. (long) Dave S Piloting 19 May 21st 04 03:02 PM
making the transition from renter to owner part 1 (long) Journeyman Piloting 0 April 13th 04 02:40 PM
Helicopter gun at LONG range Tony Williams Naval Aviation 3 August 20th 03 02:14 AM