Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 18th 04, 02:57 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:12:52 -0400, Matt Whiting wrote:

I'm still not sure that is
a good moral position to aspire to, but at least it is better than most
abortions which are simply murder for the sake of convenience. That
isn't morally acceptable.

Good. So it is not morally acceptable by you (and many others). But how
comes you take the right to make this decision for so many others, too? You
call them murderer and morally inacceptable (maybe without knowing the
background).

In many (all?) countries in Europe, abortion is allowed (no legal action is
taken). So you put ALL those European women who abort in one basket and
call them and their doctors murderers and morally inacceptable?

#m

--
A far-reaching proposal from the FBI (...) would require all broadband
Internet providers, including cable modem and DSL companies, to rewire
Old April 18th 04, 03:01 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:08:17 -0400, Matt Whiting wrote:

Abstinence is strongly supported by all pro-life groups that I'm aware
of and it is the only 100% means to prevent Debbie from getting pregnant.

yeah, they brought it on TV here in Europe. Groups where formed (mostlöy in
the bible bealt area) with "we remain virgins until our marriage" and the
like .... and they also brought the funding for supporting some weired
ideas and not funding courses for teaching contraception methods. how sick.
well; it is sick in our mindset. within the mindset of those people it was
perfectly normal.

#m

Old April 18th 04, 03:02 PM

Judah wrote:

Let's see here...

14 hours per day
x 7 days per week
=================
98 hours per week.

That's pretty damned close...

For the airplane it is. But, you said, and I quote, "The Airline pilot, who
flies back and forth across the country twice a day, uses 100 hours of ATC
time in about a week".

Old April 18th 04, 03:04 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
I would hardly call Libertarians very conservative. While the free market

position could
lead one to think that ... the general approach of us being able to do our

own thing
as long as we don't interfere with others exercising that same freedom is

a long way
away from the ultra conservative approach. They want to control our every

action
and make our moral judgements for us.

Libertarians are as far to the right as it gets in America.

The Libertarians I know .. like me .. believe
in maximum liberty and minimum government to the extent that it's

practical. The problem
with the Republicrats is one wants to control our bank account and one

wants to
control our bedroom. With Libertarians .. at this point .. having little

practical political
power we're forced to choose between the extreme right or the extreme

left.

Libertarians are the extreme right.

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Otis Winslow" wrote in message
.. .
Go he
http://www.libertarian.org/index2.html

The Hoover Institute is the leading libertarian think tank in America

and
it
is very conservative. In fact, outside the Hoover Institute

libertarians
have had little power in the US since FDR's Presidency began.

Libertarians
inside the Republican Party were responsible for the "balanced budget"

we
had a few years ago.

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"C J Campbell" wrote in

message

So now you have 'conservatives' running around talking about

property
rights
and states' rights

Republicans have always supported States' rights, as that is the

basis
of a
republic.

(originally created to protect slavery)

Democrats wanted the 3/5 law and Republicans were not willing to go

war
over it and as long as libertarins could control the purse everyone

was
willing to leave things be for a while.

and protecting
large corporations while espousing populist principles.

The libertarian wing (once Federalists) of the Republican Party

insistthey
address the issues of fiscal responsibility and a small central

government,
but libertarians are out of favor now due to their isolationist

tendancies.

And you have the
'liberals' running around trying to limit free speech and press,

disarming
the public, and supporting the worst thugs and despots imaginable

in
other
countries in the name of 'diversity' and 'tolerance.'

Racism has always been the Democrats' product.

Old April 18th 04, 03:08 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:43:17 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

I am certain, however, that Jesus did slips with flaps.
While programming in FORTH. On a Windows PC.

To bring a bit of piloting back into this discussion, Jesus handled a plane
well.

I bet Jesus was more into boating. He walked over water.

#m

Old April 18th 04, 03:12 PM
Dan Luke

"C J Campbell" wrote:

By those who, like Dan Luke, want to portray Jefferson as
godless in order to further their own political agenda of
excluding religious views from the political forum.

I certainly would never claim Jefferson was godless. Rather, my point
was that he would not pass the test for religious correctness of the
religious right, whose political agenda is to enlist government in
proselytizing their views.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 18th 04, 03:12 PM
Joe Young

Maybe we should
also put down newborns with any physical, mental or genetic

abnormalidies.

this has been done by the nazis.

Your making my point Martin. The world was outraged by the actions of
Mengele and others in the German camps, but the number of innocent lives (of
defenseless babies) taken each year in the US and Europe makes those
atrocities pale by comparison.

It is all called murder you moron.

and back then it was legal. (not that I favour such action!)

I am glad you haven't take a liking to killing....

see? it is only a matter of definition.
sure, this is really extrem, but the point remains.

No it isn't a matter of definition...its murder!

Old April 18th 04, 03:21 PM
C J Campbell

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:43:17 GMT, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

I am certain, however, that Jesus did slips with flaps.
While programming in FORTH. On a Windows PC.

To bring a bit of piloting back into this discussion, Jesus handled a

plane
well.

I bet Jesus was more into boating. He walked over water.

No doubt he would have enjoyed water skiing.

Old April 18th 04, 03:22 PM
Joe Young

"Pete" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
"Joe Young" wrote:

"SNIP"
I am not only pro choice, I am pro-abortion, I believe there should be

licensing procedure to ensure prospective parents are up to the task,
physically, emotionally and financially. Until they can prove that,

they
should be chemically sterilized.

Should we also perform a mecry killing on all of our seniors when they

get
to the point the can no longer take care of themselves.

I can't speak for other, but if *I* get to the point that I "need to be
taken care of," you won't need to mercy-kill me, I'll do it myself.

Maybe we should also put down newborns with any physical, mental or
genetic abnormalidies. Surely they would be more inconvenient at
having an healthly, but unwanted baby. We kill millions of the
latter in this country each year...so given your logic, why don't we
just expand the practice a bit. Then we can ultimately expand the
practice a bit more to encompase stupidity...and your ticket will be
up.

No it's not. IMO, a fetus is not a person until it's breathing on its
own. I always am amused by men who oppose abortion, as if they know jack
**** about being pregnant.

You may find this amusing but I do not... It has nothing to do with knowing
"jack **** about being pregnant", it has everything to do with understanding
biology, reproductive physiology...you know science...

Are you suggestion that since I have never been pregnant I could not
possibly have an opinion on this matter...does that also apply to those that
are for abortion?

By the way, if you'd like to punch my ticket, you're welcome to take
your best shot.

I don't think I suggested I would like to "punch your ticket". I simply
pointed out the obvious that if stupidity were a criteria for murder, you
might need to be careful.