Pirat transition

Old September 4th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Pirat transition

Folks,

Has anyone out there successfully transitioned a Pirat from BGA to
EASA? If there is, please get in touch - there are a couple of
questions I really need to ask.

Ian
Old September 5th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_4_]

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:07:11 -0700, Ian wrote:

Folks,

Has anyone out there successfully transitioned a Pirat from BGA to EASA?
If there is, please get in touch - there are a couple of questions I
really need to ask.

If you don't get any other answers, give Milfield a ring. The club has
one, but I don't know if its been transitioned.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old September 5th 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 5 Sep, 01:25, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:07:11 -0700, Ian wrote:
Folks,

Has anyone out there successfully transitioned a Pirat from BGA to EASA?
If there is, please get in touch - there are a couple of questions I
really need to ask.

If you don't get any other answers, give Milfield a ring. The club has
one, but I don't know if its been transitioned.

It hasn't - they've got the same questions as I have. Mine was "the
other one" there for years ...

Ian
Old September 5th 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martyn Johnson

Ian,

You may have done this already....

Go he

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.asp...rafttype=pirat

There are 18 transitioned Pirats listed.

Click on the registration to get the name and address of the owner of each
one.

Write a letter to a few of them, asking your questions.

Regards

Martyn Johnson

Old September 5th 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 5 Sep, 09:08, Martyn Johnson
wrote:

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.asp...=65&appid=1&mo...

There are 18 transitioned Pirats listed.

Click on the registration to get the name and address of the owner of each
one.

Write a letter to a few of them, asking your questions.

Spiffing!

Ian
Old September 5th 08, 09:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 5 Sep, 09:08, Martyn Johnson
wrote:

There are 18 transitioned Pirats listed.

Ah-ha. There are certainly 18 Pirats listed as registered, but that
doesn't mean they have transitioned - and none of them has a "C of A"
type recorded. Mind you, neither do any other gliders I have checked,
like the Portmoak fleet, so it seems they may be a little behind on
that.

The Borders GC one (CKD) is there, and certainly hasn't transitioned.

Ian

Old September 5th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martyn Johnson

Ian,

Since we're right at the end of the transition year, I'd be very
surprised if most of them hadn't been done.

Cheers,

Martyn

Old September 5th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 5 Sep, 15:23, Martyn Johnson
wrote:

Since we're right at the end of the transition year, I'd be very
surprised if most of them hadn't been done.

You'd be surprised. I know about five: three are in progress and two
have abandoned the attempt.

I wonder what arrangements will pertain after 28th September. I know
that it's officially only until then, but ...

Ian
Old September 6th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_4_]

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:08:45 +0000, Martyn Johnson wrote:

Since we're right at the end of the transition year, I'd be very
surprised if most of them hadn't been done.

The whole sorry mess is still very much a work in progress.

My Std Libelle's paperwork was submitted in March and is still marked IP,
i.e. still at the BGA. At least somebody had the sense to extend the
temporary CofA to the full year, but I'm not taking bets on whether the
transition will be complete before it expires.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

FS: Cheap Pirat, UK Ian Johnston Soaring 0 June 30th 06 05:26 PM
FS: Pirat in the UK Ian Johnston Soaring 0 February 19th 06 01:32 PM
Pirat for sale, UK P B Soaring 1 October 25th 04 08:39 AM
Pirat for sale, UK Ian Johnston Soaring 0 October 7th 04 11:26 AM