A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Great day to watch the SSA live tracking tool...(R4N ridge day,Fairfield, PA)

Old October 18th 13, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Default Great day to watch the SSA live tracking tool...(R4N ridge day,Fairfield, PA)

http://www.ssa.org/SailplaneTracker/default.asp?id=2238

Looks like a 5 turn-point MAT which goes NW into the ridge system. Also looks like they have not quite launched yet.

Enjoy!

Sean
F2

PS...I thought I made the right call not going this year, until I saw this task just now! Damn!!!!!!!
Old October 18th 13, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Great day to watch the SSA live tracking tool...(R4N ridge day,Fairfield, PA)

On Friday, October 18, 2013 1:27:25 PM UTC-4, Sean F (F2) wrote:
http://www.ssa.org/SailplaneTracker/default.asp?id=2238

There are no targets found under the tabs for 18, FAI, or Sports. Either no one has turned on their Spots yet or the tracking isn't working very well.. I have found this site to be rather hit or miss with mostly miss. Sometimes there is tracking, but usually of only a small percentage of the Spot/Delorme equipped gliders flying.
Old October 18th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Bummer. Either they are not flying or nobody on site has turned there tracker on. Already 2pm, I would expect to see at least one tracker running, if even on the ground.

Sean
Old October 18th 13, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Apparently this is live on HawkeTracking.com but you need to know the exact link.

Something like...hawketracking.org/r4n/large.htm?

Anyone know the correct link?

Thanks,

Sean
Old October 18th 13, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Here is the link to HAWKETRACKING which works!

Looks like they are about halfway into the task....

http://www.hawketracking.org/r4n/fil...ckinglarge.htm