Great day to watch the SSA live tracking tool...(R4N ridge day,Fairfield, PA)

Old October 18th 13, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Great day to watch the SSA live tracking tool...(R4N ridge day,Fairfield, PA)

http://www.ssa.org/SailplaneTracker/default.asp?id=2238

Looks like a 5 turn-point MAT which goes NW into the ridge system. Also looks like they have not quite launched yet.

Enjoy!

Sean
F2

PS...I thought I made the right call not going this year, until I saw this task just now! Damn!!!!!!!
Old October 18th 13, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, October 18, 2013 1:27:25 PM UTC-4, Sean F (F2) wrote:
http://www.ssa.org/SailplaneTracker/default.asp?id=2238

There are no targets found under the tabs for 18, FAI, or Sports. Either no one has turned on their Spots yet or the tracking isn't working very well.. I have found this site to be rather hit or miss with mostly miss. Sometimes there is tracking, but usually of only a small percentage of the Spot/Delorme equipped gliders flying.
Old October 18th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Bummer. Either they are not flying or nobody on site has turned there tracker on. Already 2pm, I would expect to see at least one tracker running, if even on the ground.

Sean
Old October 18th 13, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Apparently this is live on HawkeTracking.com but you need to know the exact link.

Something like...hawketracking.org/r4n/large.htm?

Anyone know the correct link?

Thanks,

Sean
Old October 18th 13, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Here is the link to HAWKETRACKING which works!

Looks like they are about halfway into the task....

http://www.hawketracking.org/r4n/fil...ckinglarge.htm