Steering on the taxiway

Old November 27th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jon Kraus

Default Steering on the taxiway

What a hoot Dudley!! LMAO!! The sad part about it is that the regular
responders to MXidiot don't even realize that they have a part in the
show.

They "feel" that he deserves to be answered and that every single person
who asks questions here should be addressed no matter how disruptive
they are.

I am glad to see you post here because you were one of the ones I was
referring to that I thought might have left the group and that would
have been sad.

Jon

......she calls it "All my Pilots"

Old November 27th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

Jon Kraus wrote in news:gNJah.34986$OE1.13012
@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

I am glad to see you post here because you were one of the ones I was
referring to that I thought might have left the group and that would
have been sad.

Well said Jon,

Hopefully Gene is also still lurking out there too!

Gene, Dudley and the others that have set the tone for this group the past
six years, their experience would be sad to lose to the antics of Mx......

Not only to us regulars, but future student pilots that we so need to give
the best support possible.

Experience after all, is priceless.....

Allen
Old November 27th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
. ..
What a hoot Dudley!! LMAO!! The sad part about it is that the regular
responders to MXidiot don't even realize that they have a part in the
show.

They "feel" that he deserves to be answered and that every single person
who asks questions here should be addressed no matter how disruptive they
are.

I am glad to see you post here because you were one of the ones I was
referring to that I thought might have left the group and that would have
been sad.

Jon

Nope, still very much here and going strong as always :-) The regulars are
still here as well. Many of us are just sitting back and enjoying the "show"
:-)) A lot are keeping in touch back channel as well.
If there was anything either myself or any of the other "regulars" felt we
could do to help someone from the simulation community who came here to this
group seeking genuine advice and assistance, we'd be most happy to help in
any way we could.
As it is for this specific "situation".....well, can't speak for the rest of
the folks here, but I for one just "ain't that masochistic :-)))
Dudley Henriques

Old November 28th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Neil Gould writes:

You like a person who talks a good game, because that person is much like
yourself.

I like a person who knows what he is talking about. And as I've said,
I'd also want to see him fly.

You think that you can determine how he flys by watching from
the ground ...

I didn't say that, although I was pretty sure you'd infer it.

I meant watching him fly in a full-motion simulator, so that I can
observe his piloting skills safely before trusting him to fly me
around for real.

Old November 28th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Newps writes:

You have no way of making that determination.

There are reliable indicators, even in written messages. I also have
known standards against which to compare them.

Old November 28th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default FADEC = complex

Nomen Nescio writes:

And you lack the basic knowledge the determine which is which.

Actually, I do not. I have a certain background knowledge of methods
of intelligence estimation and measurement, as well as some
significant experience with both people of very low intelligence and
people of very high intelligence. It is possible to estimate the
intelligence range of a person with a certain amount of interaction.

Let me guess. The smart ones agree with you and the stupid ones
don't.

No. The smart ones explain their position in detail, and everything
fits, and their reasoning and premises are sound and free of obvious
flaws. The stupid ones get emotional, engage in personal attacks, and
believe that simply asserting their answers to be correct should be
sufficient reason for anyone to accept them without further question.
The contrast is usually very obvious.

Everyone tends to rely on emotion when intellect runs low. The lower
the intellect to start with, the quicker the resort to emotion. Thus,
people who fly off the handle as soon as their assertions are
questioned often are not very bright. Those who explain why they
believe their assertions to be correct often are.

There are also many fallacies in debate that are highly correlated
with low intelligence.

But they ALL know more about flying than you.

No, unfortunately, they do not. If that were actually true, things
would be much easier.

What I see is that most real pilots know certain things that I do not,
and from that they incorrectly extrapolate that I know nothing and
they know everything, or that they know more across the board than I
do. Logically, at least the latter would be consistently the case,
but I see too many exceptions.

Too many of my questions, for example, have produced debate between
real pilots that would not occur if they all knew exactly what they
were talking about. Clearly, they don't know. If I cannot get a
consensus, I usually discard everything or nearly everything I've been
told and I look to other sources.

They're the ones that don't think you are an idiot. Right?

No, they are the ones who can successfully support any statement they
make, with a cool head.

Old November 28th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

Default Steering on the taxiway - Enough already!

"Peter Dohm" wrote

However, you have finally convinced me that Allen, Jim, and several others
have been correct in their assessment--that this series of threads is a huge
waste.

Therefore, Mx, fairwell to you and I hope that you are finding enjoyment in
almost simulating.

Thanks, Peter, for coming around. I hope everyone will. I will miss some of
the other's posts, but I'm glad you get to stay on my screen.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 28th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

My wife and I watch it progress on a daily basis. She says it's better than
watching a daytime soap.....she calls it "All my Pilots"
:-))))))))))))))))))

Tooooo Funny!!!
--
Jim in NC
Old November 28th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Morgans[_2_]

"A Lieberma" wrote

Hopefully Gene is also still lurking out there too!

Gene made a post, here or in the student group, in the last day or two. He said
he has been really busy, in a nutshell.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 28th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Judah

Hi Dudley,
I don't think I missed it by much. Maybe I helped bring it out into the open
more clearly than some of the other posters who simply cursed at him and/or
told him to go away, so I have served my purpose.

Perhaps foolishly, I hoped to stop him by knocking down all of his
ridiculous diversionary arguments so that all that was left was the truth or
quiet. But he is extraordinarily talented with his sophistry, and probably
won't be silenced until he finds somewhere new and exciting to troll,
regardless of my attempts. I guess now that it's all out in the open, I'll
try Jim Morgan's idea.

I enjoyed parrying with Mr. Manic during this liesurely holiday weekend. But
it's time for me to get back to work.

If he's still at it at Christmas time, and I have nothing better to do,
perhaps I will have another go at it then.

Be sure to tell your wife to look out for my next Holiday Cameo in her Soap,
if it is still running. Just one question - is my character the villain, the
hero, or just the village idiot? ;-)

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
:

Judah my friend; I'm afraid you and some others are missing the obvious
with this poster. Read his answer above once again and study it this
time around. The real answer is right there for all of you to see if you
step back long enough to see it.
He's said it all right here in this one post to you.

Follow his thought line carefully;

" Some of them are smarter than others"

What he's actually saying here is that with only his simulation
background, he's completely and thoroughly qualified to make this
judgment after asking a QUESTION to a real pilot, on how smart that
pilot actually is. If you look just a bit deeper into the psychology
involved here, it becomes immediately apparent that someone having the
knowledge and experience to differentiate in this manner after asking a
question wouldn't have to ask the question in the first place :-)

Again....
"it's easy to spot the ones who know what they are talking about".

Same thing. If he already knows enough to differentiate in this manner,
why the question in the first place?

This poster and the scenario he has managed to generate on these forums
is an absolute hoot!!!! :-)))