Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

Old April 23rd 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

On Apr 23, 8:44*pm, Dave Doe wrote:
In article ,
says...

writes:

Sure it is in a simulatated world.

Or if you hit the ground just beyond the runway in the real world because you
took off overweight.

How would that happen, given you are (see OP) 75 or 100 pound overweight
- COG is not mentioned, so assume we're inside the envelope (fwd/aft
envelope).

The military routinely operate 'overweight' - they can not achieve the
climb-out angle required by civilian flight.

How come they don't all just crash off the end of the RWY?

Starched flight suits -and lots of macho badges?

Cheers
Old April 23rd 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dave Doe writes:

How would that happen, given you are (see OP) 75 or 100 pound overweight
- COG is not mentioned, so assume we're inside the envelope (fwd/aft
envelope).

Not enough lift.

The military routinely operate 'overweight' - they can not achieve the
climb-out angle required by civilian flight.

The military takes risks that are not acceptable for civilian aircraft.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gliderguynj

On Apr 22, 5:15*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Group? I don't believe that was my position on this matter :-)
--
Dudley Henriques

No, you were another voice of reason....sorry for using such a broad
word as group,.... It should have been some among us....

Doug
Old April 23rd 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

gliderguynj wrote:
On Apr 22, 5:15 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Group? I don't believe that was my position on this matter :-)
--
Dudley Henriques

No, you were another voice of reason....sorry for using such a broad
word as group,.... It should have been some among us....

Doug

That works for me :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old April 23rd 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:
george writes:

Getting out of your bedroom and walking to the local airfield to go
for a fly will immensely increase your fitness, your knowledge and
your self esteem.

But if I did that, what excuse would the boys' club here use to dismiss my
postings then?

If you had any knowledge or at least the desire to gain knowledge maybe
we wouldn't.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601Xl Builder writes:

If you had any knowledge or at least the desire to gain knowledge maybe
we wouldn't.

Neither is relevant in the "logic" of the treehouse club.
Old April 23rd 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Gig 601Xl Builder writes:

If you had any knowledge or at least the desire to gain knowledge maybe
we wouldn't.

Neither is relevant in the "logic" of the treehouse club.

Funny that where ever you post there seems to be a "treehouse club"
that thinks you are a twit.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 23rd 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dave Doe writes:

So it crashes on your simulator.

Nobody said anything about a simulator.

Do you have any other evidence?

I don't need evidence to prevent me from doing unsafe things.

They take a higher risk - the way you word is is just plain wrong.

Yes, they take risks that are unacceptable for civilian aircraft.

Back to topic please, why can the military put more weight on planes and
still fly, yet you claim that civilian planes can not - and that they
will crash. You're contradicting yourself. Your logic is flawed and
wrong.

I didn't say they would crash. I merely assert that it is unsafe--and
stupid--to exceed aircraft weight limitations. It really amazes me that
anyone would defend this kind of stupidity. I guess that disagreeing with me
is more important than staying alive.

OT question; why do you post here?

I'm interested in aviation.

What benefit do you get, or expect to get, posting here?

Occasionally there is an interesting conversation, or I get a useful answer to
a question (or I provide one).

You've claimed sim flying is just like the real thing ...

No, I haven't.

My wife getting scared Paul Tomblin Piloting 271 October 11th 07 08:19 PM
Scared of mid-airs Frode Berg Piloting 355 August 20th 06 05:27 PM
UBL wants a truce - he's scared of the CIA UAV John Doe Aviation Marketplace 1 January 19th 06 08:58 PM
Max gross weight Chris Piloting 21 October 5th 04 08:22 PM
Scared and trigger-happy John Galt Military Aviation 5 January 31st 04 12:11 AM