Are these USS Kitty Hawk uniforms worth buying off eBay?

Old November 27th 03, 11:10 PM
UUMe

Default Are these USS Kitty Hawk uniforms worth buying off eBay?

Old November 28th 03, 12:28 AM
Larry

I guess, if you want to play "Corpsman".

I bet that's your auction there "UUMe" and your trying to get a little
traffic?

You sneaky, sly one you. Have a great holiday!

Don't forget to check mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

"UUMe" wrote in message
m...

Old November 28th 03, 05:50 AM
John Miller

Larry wrote:

I bet that's your auction there "UUMe" and your trying to get a little
traffic?

It looked a little suspicious even before a quick check showed that the eBay
seller and Usenet poster were both in Houston.

--
John Miller
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

We're all in this alone.
-Lily Tomlin

Old November 28th 03, 07:35 AM
Michael Wise

In article ,
(UUMe) wrote:

Four idiot stripes and still an E-6. How many watches did you fall
asleep on?

--Mike
Old November 28th 03, 08:03 AM
user

Hey Mike,
Nahhh,,,all the way to CWO5 and never got caught!!!
Thats one of the funniest things I ever saw anyway!!! Selling your
uniforms on Ebay!!! Just when you think you seen it all,,,,

Old November 28th 03, 03:53 PM
Pechs1

uume-
BRBR

16 years in and still a PO1??

Wonder who he ****ed off....
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old November 28th 03, 07:54 PM
Ogden Johnson III

John Miller wrote:

Larry wrote:

I bet that's your auction there "UUMe" and your trying to get a little
traffic?

It looked a little suspicious even before a quick check showed that the eBay
seller and Usenet poster were both in Houston.

I didn't see any mention of the Kitty Hawk in a cursory check of the
link, so add to the suspicion list "How did UUMe know they were worn
by a Kitty Hawk sailor?"
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
Old November 29th 03, 01:08 AM
Dave in San Diego

Michael Wise wrote in
:

In article ,
(UUMe) wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...98881&category
=36068

Four idiot stripes and still an E-6. How many watches did you fall
asleep on?

--Mike

Begging your pardon, SIR...

A sixteen year corpsman in today's Navy is not unusual, as it wasn't when
I retired some years ago. Not everyone can make Chief, and in the current
competitive environment, it's not what you know, it's who gets the best
suck-up points. When the eval system becomes objective, and the brass who
write and approve them become competent, then maybe the promotion system
will work like it's supposed to.

Having said that, HM1 X could have been "entirely competent" at that
level, but still "lacking critical leadership skills mnecessary to
advance to Chief Petty Officer".

Not all you folks make Captain; not all of us make Chief.

Dave Bowles
AT1 USN Ret
quoted from my own evals
--
-
"For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
Old November 29th 03, 01:52 AM
Larry

Having said that, HM1 X could have been "entirely competent" at that
level, but still "lacking critical leadership skills necessary to
advance to Chief Petty Officer".

Well put Dave. I agree. Or maybe it was something beyond his control.

I had LPO's working for me that were more than ready for Chief, but were
"victims of the rate". Just not enough billets to promote them all. All I
could tell them was "hang in there, keep up the great job and your time will
come".

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message
Michael Wise wrote in
:

Old November 29th 03, 03:42 AM
Charlie Wolf

Undoubtedly had some stupid-ass Commander writing his evals instead of
his Division Chief...
Regards,
(CPO, Ret.)

On 28 Nov 2003 15:53:20 GMT, (Pechs1) wrote:

uume-
BRBR

16 years in and still a PO1??

Wonder who he ****ed off....