Why the Swiss invented Flarm

Old August 1st 13, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Why the Swiss invented Flarm

http://www.schupfer.eu/uploads/pics/...ngP1040655.JPG
Old August 1st 13, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:09:11 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
http://www.schupfer.eu/uploads/pics/...ngP1040655.JPG

You're absolutely correct: Flarm was invented to prevent us from colliding with clueless Volvos traveling about the sky.

T8

Old August 1st 13, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:09:11 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
http://www.schupfer.eu/uploads/pics/...ngP1040655.JPG

Does kind of amusingly tie back to SAFEmine.
Old August 1st 13, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Heck, even *my* old eyes could have seen that truck without electronic
assistance. Of course, I like to look outside now and then rather than at
the panel. ;-D

Old August 1st 13, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:01:55 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Heck, even *my* old eyes could have seen that truck without electronic

assistance. Of course, I like to look outside now and then rather than at

the panel. ;-D

The real hazard in this photo are the bare cables that extend across the valley. In Switzerland Flarm warns about obstacles.

What is the status of Obstacle and CFIT capabilities promised for PowerFlarm?