An Olive Branch

Old November 4th 04, 03:50 AM
alexy

John Theune wrote:

(Jay Masino) wrote in news:41898173$0$27325
:

Well, atleast the rest of the country's airspace can go back to normal,
after several months of roving 30nm TFRs. According to the AOPA Airspace
Alert I just got, President Moron is going back to his old habit of
taking 3 day weekends (almost every weekend) at Camp David (when he's not
in Crawford). AOPA said to expect an expanded TFR around Camp David
(NW of DC) from THURSDAY through Sunday this weekend. Most of the last
several years, since 9/11, we get one of these alerts almost every
weekend. Afterall, he needs his rest from all the reading he does.

--- Jay

What little respect I might have had for you evaporated when I read this
post. The election is over, Kerry lost now get over it. Refering to the
president of the United States as President Moron show your total lack of
respect for the country we live in. If your so upset then get the hell
out.

John, IMHO, you were "spot on" up until that last sentence. But by
telling him to get the hell out of the country if he is upset, you are
getting down on the same level.
Old November 4th 04, 03:51 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Speaking purely as an aviator, I am happy to see an end to all the TFR's
that have been ravaging my home town (Dayton, Ohio). Every time Bush came,
several dozen airports were shutdown, often with little advance notice. We
have an airport every 20 miles, so the impact was significant. It really
felt like a police state. You have to give it to Kerry that he declined
TFRs. That is a very aviation-relevant point in favor of Kerry.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Now that it appears that George Bush has been re-elected with a true
majority of the popular vote (the first president to do so in 16
years), let me be the first to extend an olive branch to those here
who may be disappointed in the results.

What has made America strong, and allowed our democracy to thrive for
over 200 years, is our ability to embrace the loyal opposition on
election day. We, as pilots, may be just as divided politically as the
rest of the country, but where we differ from the common electorate is
in our shared love of aviation.

This bond, in my opinion, transcends any fleeting election
disagreements, and I, for one, will be more than happy to see all this
animosity evaporate, so that we can get back to the fun of talking
about flying!

Blue skies, all!

Old November 4th 04, 03:58 AM
Jay Honeck

It would happen a lot faster if you didn't insist on posting messages that
pretend to be conciliatory, even while you continue to post your
anti-Kerry rhetoric.

??

Where, in this thread, have I said anything anti-Kerry?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 4th 04, 03:59 AM
Richard Hertz

"Cecil Chapman" wrote in message
. com...
Yeah,, okay. Gracefully accept the things one cannot change :0). I do
want to point out (despite the political 'clap-trap' you will hear) that
the United States is a Republic and NOT a democracy - the president
(through concerns by our founding fathers that the general populace wasn't
bright enough to make an informed vote ((they could still be right on this
one grin)) and also a concern by the less populous states that they
would not have an adequate voice ((even though more populous states get
more electors - go figure)) is determined by the members of the electoral
college, not by popular vote (which would make us a democracy).

Unless you know something most if us don't, they did not leave a definitive
reason why the electoral vote system was put in place. There are a a few
reasons it could have been done.

I wonder if your opinion on that would be different if the last two
elections had gone the other way but with the same electoral/popular vote
margin...

I can't believe that the existing government (and by this I mean the huge
size of the federal government, not whom is in power) would be tolerated by
the "founding fathers." I suspect they would be revoled by it and by the
idealogies of the two main parties - for example the governments
interference in our daily lives, the huge pillaging of paychecks, the social
programs, the interference of poeple's choice to control their bodies, "War
on drugs", gun control, etc.

the only sane government is one that is "libertarian" with a small 'L.'

Nothing to do about it now,,, you're right hopefully the fatherland,,,
oops I mean homeland security doesn't get any more out of hand... So,
onward and upward!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old November 4th 04, 04:01 AM
Jay Honeck

To live in a country where, by design, our leaders come and go,
instead of sticking around and really doing damage. What a privilege
eh? I'll bet there are millions of people around the world who would
literally give their left arm to take my place, or anybody's place in
this group.

Well put, Bob!

We do, indeed, live in wondrous times, and in a wonderful country.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 4th 04, 04:02 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Where, in this thread, have I said anything anti-Kerry?

It really doesn't matter whether it was in this thread or not.

Old November 4th 04, 04:05 AM
Richard Hertz

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Now that it appears that George Bush has been re-elected with a true
majority of the popular vote (the first president to do so in 16 years),
let me be the first to extend an olive branch to those here who may be
disappointed in the results.

"Appalled" would better describe it.

You don't know "appalled" unless you were in NY when we voted in a carpet
bagger of the worst sort to the Senate.

What has made America strong, and allowed our democracy to thrive for
over 200 years, is our ability to embrace the loyal opposition on
election day. We, as pilots, may be just as divided politically as the
rest of the country, but where we differ from the common electorate is in
our shared love of aviation.

This bond, in my opinion, transcends any fleeting election disagreements,
and I, for one, will be more than happy to see all this animosity
evaporate, so that we can get back to the fun of talking about flying!

Blue skies, all!

Same to ya' Jay. But if you think this means I'm letting up on Shrub,
forget it!
--
Dan

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
- George W. Bush

Old November 4th 04, 05:03 AM
Morgans

Your beloved Clinton. And we killed the *******. NEXT!

Yikes, a confession/threat of a former president for the secret

service,,,,
better look out HOMELAND will get you.....

You do know that he was talking about killing Mcveay(sp?)

---

Old November 4th 04, 05:09 AM
Morgans

It would happen a lot faster if you didn't insist on posting messages

that
pretend to be conciliatory, even while you continue to post your
anti-Kerry rhetoric.

??

Where, in this thread, have I said anything anti-Kerry?
--
Jay Honeck

What nutcase wrote that one, Jay? I can't see it, so I must have already
plonked him/her.
--
Jim in NC

---