Stupid super cub question

Old November 19th 03, 09:55 AM
Robert Loer

Default Stupid super cub question

Don't laugh please. I am building a full scale Super Cub replica, all wood,
from Light Miniature Aircraft plans. fuselage is on gear and tonight I got
the rudder pedals all hooked up with electric fence wire in place of the
cables to test pedal angle, rudder deflection, etc. My problem ,is with no
wings in place and therefore no struts. I can not figure out the proper way
to enter and exit the front seat. I am 225 lbs but flew a super cub once and
can not remember how I got in it.

What is the drill?

Now quit laughing and help if you can describe the best way. Thanks

--
Robert Loer
LM-5X-W

Old November 19th 03, 10:21 AM
Del Rawlins

On 18 Nov 2003 11:55 PM, Robert Loer posted the following:

problem ,is with no wings in place and therefore no struts. I can not
figure out the proper way to enter and exit the front seat. I am 225
lbs but flew a super cub once and can not remember how I got in it.

What is the drill?

Standing on the right hand float, you climb up on the step and... oh,
never mind. 8^P

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old November 19th 03, 08:02 PM
Grandpa B.

Sit on the door sill, with your back to the front seat. Swing your legs in,
then grab the windshield-area bracing, and haul yerself in. Works for
Huskies, too.

Jon

Old November 20th 03, 02:02 AM
Dan Thomas

"Grandpa B." never.mind wrote in message ...
Sit on the door sill, with your back to the front seat. Swing your legs in,
then grab the windshield-area bracing, and haul yerself in. Works for
Huskies, too.

Jon

Not a good airplane for a guy with an arthritic back like mine.
Wasn't designed for easy entrance or exit.
Easiest airplane I ever got into was the Cardinal. As I understand,
it was intended to please the skirt-wearing pilots of the day. And
then they stopped wearing skirts.

Dan
Old November 22nd 03, 03:13 PM
Ed Wischmeyer

Easiest airplane I ever got into was the Cardinal. As I understand,
it was intended to please the skirt-wearing pilots of the day. And
then they stopped wearing skirts.

Weren't they forced to switch to trews after Culloden?

"trew" -- true as spelled by Chaucer
"Culloden" -- small towns in GA and WV

What am I missing here besides everything?

Ed Wischmeyer
Old November 22nd 03, 03:46 PM
Doug

My guess would be trew as in 'Donald where's yer trewsers'

Doug

"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote "trew" -- true as spelled by

Old November 22nd 03, 04:46 PM
Del Rawlins

On 22 Nov 2003 05:44 AM, karel adams posted the following:

"Ed Wischmeyer" schreef in bericht
Easiest airplane I ever got into was the Cardinal. As I

understand,
it was intended to please the skirt-wearing pilots of the day. And
then they stopped wearing skirts.

Weren't they forced to switch to trews after Culloden?

"trew" -- true as spelled by Chaucer
"Culloden" -- small towns in GA and WV

What am I missing here besides everything?

It did ring a bell somewhere deep in my memory
and indeed a bit of Gogl'ing brought up
'The Battle of Culloden - April 16th 1746 - marked the fall of the
Jacobite rebellion
of 1745, which sought to restore the Stuart monarchy to the throne.'

Ron was apparently thinking of Scottish male pilots

For Ed's benefit, after Culloden the Scots were forbidden to wear tartan
and had to swear an oath of loyalty to the crown.

Old November 22nd 03, 04:56 PM
Ed Wischmeyer

"trew" -- true as spelled by Chaucer
"Culloden" -- small towns in GA and WV

What am I missing here besides everything?

It did ring a bell somewhere deep in my memory
and indeed a bit of Gogl'ing brought up
'The Battle of Culloden - April 16th 1746 - marked the fall of the
Jacobite rebellion
of 1745, which sought to restore the Stuart monarchy to the throne.'

Ron was apparently thinking of Scottish male pilots

And I thought Culloden was a kind of water softener...

Ed "mighty dry in Arizona" Wischmeyer
Old November 22nd 03, 06:28 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 22 Nov 2003 15:46:46 GMT, Del Rawlins
wrote:

On 22 Nov 2003 05:44 AM, karel adams posted the following:

It did ring a bell somewhere deep in my memory
and indeed a bit of Gogl'ing brought up
'The Battle of Culloden - April 16th 1746 - marked the fall of the
Jacobite rebellion
of 1745, which sought to restore the Stuart monarchy to the throne.'

Ron was apparently thinking of Scottish male pilots

For Ed's benefit, after Culloden the Scots were forbidden to wear tartan
and had to swear an oath of loyalty to the crown.

IIRC, the English forbade them to wear kilts. Loyal Scots got around that
by wearing trowsers ("trews") with the same tartan pattern.

Ron "Married into clan McAllister" Wanttaja