Lightspeed Headset Update

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th 05, 01:36 PM
Kevin Kubiak

Default Lightspeed Headset Update

Well after sending my Lightspeed 30-3g back for the 3rd time, I finally got a
brand new pair free of charge from Lightspeed.

I purchased them originally at OSH this year, and only had 20hrs total time on
them. Per Jay Honeck's suggestion, I spoke to Alan Schrader after sending them
for the second time with a battery box problem. Nice guy, and he was genuinely
interested in solving my problem. When they arrived at my home, I was all set
to take them flying with me the next weekend. Well, I got in the plane, powered
them up and no sound in the right ear piece. I checked the stereo mono switch
in the ANR battery box. No luck. SO I grabbed my old stand by DCs and went
flying. When I got back I sent a 2 page bitch letter to
Alan, saying how dissatisfied I was because, I got them back broken from the
factory repair center. I was off on vacation for a week so I didn't need them.
While on vacation my cell phone rings and it was some VP from Lightspeed who was
very apologetic. He used words like unacceptable, and just wanted me to know
that he personally would replace them with a brand new pair, and wanted me to
call him if there was any reason at all if I was dissatisfied. Right now he
said he wanted to gain my trust back, since I told him, that I now carry my DCs
with me because I do not trust the Lightspeeds I had. They sent them to me
overnight at their expense. He said that he would make sure that these were
tested thoroughly and found to be working before sending them to me.

So I have a new pair of Lightspeed 30-3Gs. I tried them with my hand held radio
and they appear to work. Next chance I get to fly, the weather all of sudden in
the midwest has just gone to heck, I will hopefully try them out.

At least they are trying to make right a bad situation for me.

FYI for what it is worth.

Kevin Kubiak - PP-ASEL