Lightspeed Headset Update

Old November 18th 05, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Lightspeed Headset Update

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Your's stay in your airplane.
Most pilots are renters and so must plug/unplug and transport/store
their headsets, resulting in "normal" wear and tear.

Jay said, in a previous post, that he keeps his in the case.

Negative. Mine are "permanently" plugged in the plane. The front two
hang from the ceiling on velcro straps when not in use. The back two
go over the headrests of the seat-backs, when my kids actually remember
to put 'em there...

Okay...who was it saying they neatly fold the cords....

Was it your evil twin?

Old November 18th 05, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Barrow wrote:

This winter I'm likely going to trade out the Beech 36 (too big for one
or two, too small for five or six - the usual loads for us),

Really? What are you looking at to replace the Beech?

--
Peter

Old November 18th 05, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Now I have three sets of Bose; one came with the bird when I bought it,
added two more because it was wired for Bose (and liked the one came with
it). This winter I'm likely going to trade out the Beech 36 (too big for one
or two, too small for five or six - the usual loads for us), so I might give
something else a try. I must say that I'm still gun-shy about Lightspeed,
though.

So does this mean you are buying a Cub and a Caravan to replace the B36?
Old November 20th 05, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Okay...who was it saying they neatly fold the cords....

Was it your evil twin?

'T'weren't me...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 20th 05, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

My background is in electrical engineering & computer science. What
bothers me is the fact that I did not really abuse the headset, In fact, I
treated them very carefully.

Yep, that was my experience, too -- with the older models. They would just,
well, *break*, sitting in the plane. One minute they would work, the next
flight they wouldn't.

VERY frustrating.

All is well now, thankfully, with their later models. (For me, anyway.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA