Are You Pilot?

Old February 12th 04, 11:29 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Abhi wrote:

How do you feel when you fly the plane?

Thankful.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old February 12th 04, 11:32 PM
H. Adam Stevens

"David Brooks" wrote in message
"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

I feel about the same as the guys quoted he
http://www.skygod.com/quotes/quotes.html

Well, except for the one that is framed and hanging on my wall, which is

how
I feel when I'm not flying the plane. The one by da Vinci, who never knew
the experience but seemed to know it so well.

On a more prosaic level, I feel - proud.

-- David Brooks

And are you sure Leonardo never did?
I wouldn't put it past him.

Flying is life-and-death control of your own fate every second
with no help possible from outside.
That experience is what separates all of us,
from Orville and Wilbur to the kid who soloed last week,
from the rest of you.

H. Stevens
solo 1967

Old February 13th 04, 12:34 AM
Gene Seibel

That too.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Larry Dighera wrote in message . ..
On 12 Feb 2004 07:20:43 -0800, (Abhi)
wrote in Message-Id:
:

How do you feel when you fly the plane?

Dear Abhi,

Soaring aloft over the heads of your two-dimensionalally confined
fellows on a bright winter morning with Earth's geography brilliantly
spread before you in glorious panorama affords an airman one of life's
most enrapturing feelings of exaltation. Expertly piloting a
masterpiece of engineering efficiency with alacritous authority among
invisible airspace boundaries in compliance with voluminous
regulations demands full mental concentration thus refreshingly
emancipating your thoughts from their mundane confinement. Donning
the cloak of intense responsibility to passengers and those earth
bound below, demanded by all who would take to the sky, necessarily
effects a change in demeanor as profound as any epiphany.
Singlehandedly vanquishing the cosmic laws of nature instills an
equanimity born of courage and skill few apprehend. Sojourning in the
third-dimention provides significance in its perfection of human
experience. But my laudatous extolment of the uplifting glorification
effected by the human experience of flight fails to convey the joyous
bliss that is aviation, similar to the difficulty in explaining hue to
the blind; flight must be experienced to be genuinely appreciated.

Old February 13th 04, 12:48 AM
S Green

"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

with my hands just like when I am not flying

Old February 13th 04, 02:02 AM
Casey Wilson

"S Green" wrote in message

"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

with my hands just like when I am not flying

You probably don't want to hear this Ms. Green, but your comment was
rude enough to earn you a seat in my killfile.

Old February 13th 04, 03:28 AM
C J Campbell

"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
| How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I love watching my students as they progress. I love their accomplishments.

I also like being able to go visit my grandchildren in another state on a
moment's notice if I wish.

But when I look down on the 'free'way and see a line of cars backed up for
twenty miles and realize that those poor devils have to get in that line
every single day, then I think of what I like most about flying: the
freedom.

Old February 13th 04, 05:03 AM
Abhi

"John Harlow" wrote in message ...
Abhi wrote:
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I have feelings good. Since came up from baby always I fly wanted.

Thanks! It is nice to know that I am in (news)group of Pilots.

I am NOT Pilot...

Try sometime flying to make your happiness.

Matter of fact- I have seen planes only in sky. Till this date, I have
not touched any plane or even saw it closely. No chance to become
Pilot at the age of 34.

But I can afford the fare of plane for some distance like
Bombay-Delhi. And sometime in future I am planning to experience how
you people feel in blue sky up there.

-Abhi.
Old February 13th 04, 05:06 AM
Abhi

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message ink.net...
"Abhi" wrote in message
om...

How do you feel when you fly the plane?

Good.

Just Good? That is what I feel when I drive my blue coloured bicycle!

-Abhi.
Old February 13th 04, 05:13 AM
Abhi

wrote in Message-Id:
:

[...]

You have narrated it so beutifully that I feel like joining flight
school! But I just can't..

-Abhi.