Learning to Fly with Squadron2 San Jose Reid Hillview

Old August 23rd 05, 01:21 AM
BladerunnerCons BladerunnerCons is offline
Junior Member

Question Learning to Fly with Squadron2 San Jose Reid Hillview

Hi all,

I'm about to take the first leap into learning to fly by choosing an instructor. I've heard good reports about the folks at squadron2 at reid Hillview and was wondering if any of you could recommend a particular instructor (and reasons why). I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thanks in advance and hope to be posting about adventures in the air soon,

Neal

You might want to consider posting this issue over at rec.aviation.student
as well...

Lots of helpful folks there (and here)

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Arizona Cloudbusters
Chandler, AZ

Old August 24th 05, 01:06 AM
Steve Rubin

In article ,
BladerunnerCons wrote:

Anyone else any experience with squadron2 ??

A friend of mine just did his private there, no complaints.

--
Steve Rubin / AE6CH / http://www.altdb.net/
Email: / N6441C / http://www.tch.org/~ser/
Old August 24th 05, 01:16 AM
Sylvain

Steve Rubin wrote:
In article ,
BladerunnerCons wrote:

Anyone else any experience with squadron2 ??

A friend of mine just did his private there, no complaints.

I finished my instrument rating and did my multi- commercial
there, and I am still flying there since; no complaint at all!
quite a nice place, good choice of aircraft, reasonable
daily minimums if you want to get away for few days, quite a
few freelance instructors to choose from, first rate online
reservation and check-out/check-in system,, nice folks, i.e.,
I strongly recommend the place!

--Sylvain
Old August 24th 05, 07:59 AM
ThomasH

On 23-Aug-05 17:16, Sylvain wrote:
Steve Rubin wrote:

In article ,
BladerunnerCons wrote:

Anyone else any experience with squadron2 ??

A friend of mine just did his private there, no complaints.

I finished my instrument rating and did my multi- commercial
there, and I am still flying there since; no complaint at all!
quite a nice place, good choice of aircraft, reasonable
daily minimums if you want to get away for few days, quite a
few freelance instructors to choose from, first rate online
reservation and check-out/check-in system,, nice folks, i.e.,
I strongly recommend the place!

--Sylvain

I used to fly with SQII as it was at SJC, and later as it purchased
Inbound Aviation at RHV, which became than ultimately the final new
home of SQII. The reason for the move from SJC was eviction of the
club from SJC, but that's a different story...

The problem with SQII was for me the low standard of many aircraft,
maintenance problems of unnecessary nature, such as sits falling
apart, too old batteries (their barely cranking engines were
notorious.)

Once I was forced to abandon aircraft in Oceano after a series of
four or five flights with technical problems in a row. This was
thing in Oceano was the final event, my wife was pressuring me
anyway to walk away from them.

I am now with a club at PAO and I never looked behind. Better
aircraft, nice inside, not a one single maintenance issue so far.

Well, actually, I do look behind! I have a lot of nostalgia for
the older times, as Frank Mason was younger and vital and we used
to fly from SJC. Before the 30R became extended, the club was in
the old terminal building of SJC. I always liked the home base in
class C.

This is thus my "mileage," the current situation might be
completely different. They have now indeed a nice fleet of
aircraft.

Another good think on SQII was generous policy in dealing
with long rentals. It was not never an issue in coming back
late nights or flying away for many days.

Thomas