aerobatic kit planes

Old December 20th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default aerobatic kit planes

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Gas, TIG, or MIG?

Ever tired one of these?
http://tinmantech.chainreactionweb.c...orch.php?cart=
6d2909f2ce99e469d433f5e400a72389

It's sooo much better than the best torch I tried before it.

This guy's site is well worth a browse around..

That's some coincidence. I was just at this
guy's site 10 minutes ago. I need a new set
of hoses for my Victor J-27 miniature torch
and his site was one of 2 or three that got a
google hit.

Now I'm sorely tempted to just buy the Meco
package.

They're very good and I follow his advice about making intermediate sized
by geting two, say #1 tips and drilling one out slightly to have something
between 1 and 2.

The Meco never ever pops. It's as light as a feather so it's like using a
pen. On the minus side your hand isn't too far from the fire so it gets hot
in there and also the tips are a little fat so getting in cose to a tight
spot is a little tough, bu it's not a huge problem.

Bertie
Old December 20th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

I went ahead and bought the Meco, along
with 00, 0, 1 (included) and 2 tips and
the lightweight hose. The hose will work
with the Victor, but I have a feeling I'll
be retiring it after I use the Meco. I
like your idea of making a #1.5 tip.

You might try a pair of TIG gloves for the
heat. Very comfortable and thin. I bought
a pair from Indiana Oxygen. They have the
best prices and service I've found anywhere
for generic welding supplies.

Old December 20th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Gas, TIG, or MIG?

Ever tired one of these?
http://tinmantech.chainreactionweb.c...get_torch.php?

[...]

Oh OK, I've been using the usual big leather ones. I didn't know the tig
ones even existed. I'll get a pair next tim eI'm in the shop.

Bertie

Old December 20th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jim Stewart" wrote

You might try a pair of TIG gloves for the
heat. Very comfortable and thin. I bought
a pair from Indiana Oxygen. They have the
best prices and service I've found anywhere
for generic welding supplies.

What were they made of, goatskin, synthetic, or what?
--
Jim in NC

Old December 20th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Morgans wrote:
"Jim Stewart" wrote

You might try a pair of TIG gloves for the
heat. Very comfortable and thin. I bought
a pair from Indiana Oxygen. They have the
best prices and service I've found anywhere
for generic welding supplies.

What were they made of, goatskin, synthetic, or what?

Looks like goatskin...

http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...4C--TIG/Detail

Old December 21st 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Got any pictures on the web of the Hatz?

I found this:

http://www.weebeastie.com/hatzcb1/

Old December 21st 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Dec 21, 3:05*am, wrote:
Got any pictures on the web of the Hatz?

I found this:

http://www.weebeastie.com/hatzcb1/

Yeah thatīs the hatz clubīs site. Very good club!

Thereīs loads of them flying. IItīs a good first timerīs airplane and
the completion rate is good. Soīs itīs record in every regard. itīs
aerobatric capability is limited, though. Itīll do loops, barrel rolls
spins etc, about as good as a citabria or clipped cub. plenty strong
and itīs draggy so if you screw up and end up pointed straight down
you wonīt end up going too fast.
Easiest taildragger i ever flew, with the possible exception of the
Aeronca 15

Bertie

Bertie

My first aerobatic lesson Marco Rispoli Piloting 6 April 13th 05 02:21 PM
US Aerobatic Team MuscleBiplane Aerobatics 0 March 19th 05 10:28 PM
Aerobatic club Klein Aerobatics 1 February 9th 05 05:53 PM
Air-to-air aerobatic photos Daniel Karlsson Piloting 0 October 29th 04 11:51 AM
Air-to-air aerobatic photos Daniel Karlsson Aerobatics 0 October 29th 04 11:50 AM