WOW, look at this engine

Old May 26th 05, 02:13 PM
Shin Gou

Default WOW, look at this engine

http://www.greenengtech.com/index.htm

Click on the "English" button on the left.

The company claims it's a revolutionary six-stroke rotary engine.
120hp, 60lbs. Are they kidding me or what?

Old May 26th 05, 02:47 PM
Steve Foley

Check out the two-o'clock photo under applications.

http://www.greenengtech.com/application.htm

I wonder if they're in the same league.

oups.com...

Old May 26th 05, 03:11 PM

I hope this is for real, but I somehow doubt it, it's probably one of
those neverending development projects. Also, with that little weight
compared to comprable powered engines, unless an aircraft is
specifically designed for this engine just for weight and balance's
sake you'd have to put at least 100 pounds of dead weight on the nose
or move the engine forward a good couple of feet.

Steve Foley wrote:
Check out the two-o'clock photo under applications.

http://www.greenengtech.com/application.htm

I wonder if they're in the same league.

oups.com...

Old May 26th 05, 03:32 PM
Richard Isakson

"Shin Gou" wrote ...
http://www.greenengtech.com/index.htm

Click on the "English" button on the left.

The company claims it's a revolutionary six-stroke rotary engine.
120hp, 60lbs. Are they kidding me or what?

Why would you believe *anything* this company tells you? Here you have an
engine that hasn't even run, that can't be lighter or more efficient than a
fourstroke and who's principale are seeking investors and customers to send
them money for an idea that doesn't exist, yet you're ready endorse them?
Magic engines come and go but they never work. From an engineering point of
view, the world is the way the world is for a reason. You can push at the
side box but you can't jump out of it.

This unpopular viewpoint brought to you by:
Rich

Old May 26th 05, 05:21 PM
Richard Isakson

"Richard Riley" wrote ...
I wonder how the thousands of employees at
Stavatti Aerospace are doing... http://www.stavatti.com/

But Richard, they MUST be real. They have a way cool website.

Rich

Old May 26th 05, 05:30 PM
MJC

Yup. This attempt to attract "Green" investors is getting pretty close to
the equivilant of the 419 Nigerian scam emails we all keep getting.
www.ebolamonkeyman.com

MJC
"Shin Gou" wrote ...

Old May 26th 05, 06:35 PM
Richard Isakson

"Richard Riley" wrote ...
On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:21:18 -0700, "Richard Isakson"
wrote:

:"Richard Riley" wrote ...
: I wonder how the thousands of employees at
: Stavatti Aerospace are doing... http://www.stavatti.com/
:
:But Richard, they MUST be real. They have a way cool website.

Other people have thought the same thing...

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/s...24/story1.html

And what's the only product this company produces? Drums. Stavatti
Percussion makes drums. This guy could give Cambell a run for his money.

Rich

Old May 26th 05, 07:32 PM
jerry wass

Richard Riley wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2005 07:32:22 -0700, "Richard Isakson"
wrote:

:"Shin Gou" wrote ...
: http://www.greenengtech.com/index.htm
:
: Click on the "English" button on the left.
:
: The company claims it's a revolutionary six-stroke rotary engine.
: 120hp, 60lbs. Are they kidding me or what?
:
:
:Why would you believe *anything* this company tells you? Here you have an
:engine that hasn't even run, that can't be lighter or more efficient than a
:fourstroke and who's principale are seeking investors and customers to send
:them money for an idea that doesn't exist, yet you're ready endorse them?
:Magic engines come and go but they never work. From an engineering point of
:view, the world is the way the world is for a reason. You can push at the
:side box but you can't jump out of it.

Heck, I can't even get their java applet heavy website to run.

Yet more vaporware. I wonder how the thousands of employees at
Stavatti Aerospace are doing... http://www.stavatti.com/

I dunno, but I bet they could sell small ones as japanese throwing
knives/stars..
Old May 26th 05, 07:49 PM
Anthony W

Richard Isakson wrote:
"Richard Riley" wrote ...

I wonder how the thousands of employees at
Stavatti Aerospace are doing... http://www.stavatti.com/

But Richard, they MUST be real. They have a way cool website.

Rich

They remind me a lot of Moller...

Tony
Old May 26th 05, 08:11 PM
Alan Baker

In article ,
Richard Riley wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2005 07:32:22 -0700, "Richard Isakson"
wrote:

:"Shin Gou" wrote ...
[...]

Now that's some impressive delusion!

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Proposals for air breathing hypersonic craft. I Robert Clark Military Aviation 2 May 26th 04 06:42 PM
Emergency Procedures RD Piloting 13 April 11th 04 08:25 PM
Autorotation ? R22 for the Experts Eric D Rotorcraft 22 March 5th 04 06:11 AM
Real stats on engine failures? Captain Wubba Piloting 127 December 8th 03 04:09 PM
Corky's engine choice Corky Scott Home Built 39 August 8th 03 04:29 AM