Prepare For Boot Camp

Old March 6th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Prepare For Boot Camp

You have a one time opportunity to get the competitive edge you need
to not only successfully complete Marine recruit training, but also to
EXCEL at it.
Some recruits who perform exceptionally well at boot camp are rewarded
with fast promotions.
The reality of it is, you not only prepare for the marines, but you
have to prepare for Boot Camp itself, or you will be hit like a ton of
bricks.
There is no way for you to really fully understand what or why a drill
instructor is performing his right to have you do a course 10 times
until you puke, or why he is picking you instead of other recruits.
Every recruit experiences being singled out by their drill instructor,
some much more than others.
Boot camp is psychologically unorganized. You will quickly find out
that if you do something wrong, and you don't know how to verbally
explain yourself, you will wind up in a world of hurt. The instructors
will quickly team up on you, and then you will end up on their ****
list.
So do you think you have what it takes to "fit in" and impress
everyone? You better THINK AGAIN!
Now there are a few recruits that slide through the whole process, and
never even have one single problem, but those recruits either had some
type of boot camp training before, had taken my course, or
instinctively made the right moves at the right time.
Boot Camp is one mean, tough place, and I am going to show you how to
conquer USMC Boot Camp easily avoiding conflict and focusing on your
performance as a young Marine.
http://bootcampjup.blogspot.com/#

Old March 7th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Leanne

Before I left for my boot camp, that I should keep my eyes and ears open and
my mouth shut.

Leanne MGySgt USMC, ret
Avionics Maint Chief

oups.com...

Old March 7th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Bob McKellar

"Leanne" wrote in message
Before I left for my boot camp, that I should keep my eyes and ears open
and my mouth shut.

Leanne MGySgt USMC, ret
Avionics Maint Chief

When my son got married I said to him,

"Remember what I told you when you went to boot camp?"

He replied,

"You said to do as I was told and keep my mouth shut."

"That's right", I said, "and that goes double now."

Bob McKellar

Old March 7th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Bob,

Great day-brightener. Thanks a bunch!

--
Mike Kanze

"Any generation is comfortable with, and only with, the technology in existence at the time it reached puberty."

- Alex Wolfe, Information Week (2/5/2007)

Old March 7th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Leanne wrote:
Before I left for my boot camp, that I should keep my eyes and ears open
and my mouth shut.

Leanne MGySgt USMC, ret
Avionics Maint Chief

related strategy:

Don't be first. Don't be last. And never, ever volunteer:-)
Old March 8th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent p. norris

Don't be first. Don't be last. And never, ever volunteer:-)

I've heard that many times, but when I was a lowly PFC I volunteered
for flight training. I've never regretted it!!!!

vince norris
Old March 19th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

vincent p. norris wrote:
Don't be first. Don't be last. And never, ever volunteer:-)

I've heard that many times, but when I was a lowly PFC I volunteered
for flight training. I've never regretted it!!!!

vince norris

Well, I was *not* drafted (volunteer x1) and did three USN flight tours
(volunteer x2) ... great fun, occasional high pucker moments, but zero
regrets.

On the other hand, except for opportunity to break away from the pack
and test for special programs...it's a great boot camp survival
technique..one I wish I'd heard about *before* going:-)

Winter Flying, pt 4 - RAAF Mustangs prepare to take off from Yonpo airfield - Dec '50.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 February 2nd 07 02:00 PM
?? Marine boot camp question ?? vincent p. norris Naval Aviation 17 April 2nd 05 04:47 PM
boot camp advice jameson Military Aviation 17 July 22nd 04 05:12 AM
boot camp info jameson Naval Aviation 7 July 17th 04 02:19 AM
Boot camp somewhere in the USA noname Military Aviation 0 June 19th 04 03:14 PM