Illusive elastic powered Ornithopter

Old September 11th 03, 10:29 PM
Mike Hindle

Default Illusive elastic powered Ornithopter

Hi I wonder if you can help me,

I saw a programme recently that featured small elastic band powered
ornithopter. As a result every creative bone in my body wanted to make
one right there and then. However I cant find plans for one any where.
The one I saw was about 20 inches long and thats about the size I'm
after.

If anyone has any plans that I can use or know where theres some
online please tag it onto this thread.

Thank you all for your time

Mike
Old September 12th 03, 12:21 AM
C J Campbell

"Mike Hindle" wrote in message
m...

http://www.ornithopter.org

Old September 12th 03, 04:50 AM
terra

Mike Hindle wrote:

Hi I wonder if you can help me,

I saw a programme recently that featured small elastic band powered
ornithopter. As a result every creative bone in my body wanted to make
one right there and then. However I cant find plans for one any where.
The one I saw was about 20 inches long and thats about the size I'm
after.

If anyone has any plans that I can use or know where theres some
online please tag it onto this thread.

Thank you all for your time

Mike

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/legacy1.html
http://www.chez.com/truefly/

I bought a dragonfly at a toy store. About 1' long, just a few dollars.

Old September 12th 03, 12:56 PM
Scott Correa

I can't believe NOBODY has suggested the Frank Zaic model airplane
yearbooks.
Model plans out the wazoo including ornithopters, model helo's, Nordic
sailplanes, HLG's you name it.

Scott Correa

Old September 15th 03, 02:01 PM
Damian Bevan

Mike Hindle wrote:

Hi I wonder if you can help me,

I saw a programme recently that featured small elastic band powered
ornithopter. As a result every creative bone in my body wanted to make
one right there and then. However I cant find plans for one any where.
The one I saw was about 20 inches long and thats about the size I'm
after.

If anyone has any plans that I can use or know where theres some
online please tag it onto this thread.

Thank you all for your time

Mike

Was this the science shack program on BB2 last week? If so then they have
the plans for one of the ornithopters on the show on thier web site.
http://www.open2.net/scienceshack/flying_make_pg1.htm

I started building it over the weekend and glued the tissue paper on last
night. Tonight I'm going to install the rubber band and watch it flap
itself to pieces...

Damian.

Old September 15th 03, 03:32 PM
Damian Bevan

"Rich S." wrote:

"Damian Bevan" wrote in
message .com...

I started building it over the weekend and glued the tissue paper on last
night. Tonight I'm going to install the rubber band and watch it flap
itself to pieces...

Don't forget to put the cat out first.

Rich "Ooh... a birdie!" S.

No cat but maybe I should put my 4 year old daughter out first. She has already
offered to "paint it pretty colours".

Damian.