Flarmnet Certificate Expired

Old December 5th 20, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flarmnet Certificate Expired

I have attempted to open Flarmnet with two different computers (a Macbook Pro and a Win 10 latest). On both computers I am unable to open the site. I get a message that "certificate expired". I can't find anything mentioned on the Flarm site nor on OLC that there is a problem. Any insights appreciated. I need to get on the site to delete a flarm from my account (glider sold).
Old December 5th 20, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert S

On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 6:43:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have attempted to open Flarmnet with two different computers (a Macbook Pro and a Win 10 latest). On both computers I am unable to open the site. I get a message that "certificate expired". I can't find anything mentioned on the Flarm site nor on OLC that there is a problem. Any insights appreciated. I need to get on the site to delete a flarm from my account (glider sold).

That just indicates that the website's security certificate is expired and your browser can't establish a secure https connection. If you click on the Advanced or More Information link (depending on the browser you're using) you'll see an option to proceed to the site anyway and if you do, you'll find all of the flarmnet database info you expect to find. Just be aware that any data passed between you and the website will not be encrypted so do not enter any credit cards or sensitive personal information into the site (I don't think the collect such sensitive data anyway). Since the intent of the whole Flarmnet org is to make certain data publicly available there is really not much to be concerned about.
Old December 6th 20, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks, I was able to open after going back. The warning is a little more obtuse than it used to be. I had to click on "details", then click on an open anyway option in small print. But the site was there, and I was able to delete my account so that the new owner can register that flarm.