XCSoar no data No Connection Note 4, C302, K6BT

Old February 8th 15, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default XCSoar no data No Connection Note 4, C302, K6BT

I'm not able to get data into XCSoar with my intended setup, nor with other phones I have tried. I bought a Samsung Note 4 because it has a large bright screen, I have heard others have had good luck with Note 2 and 3 and I assumed this would be even better. Are other getting a Note 4 to work?

Intended system: Note 4, Cambridge 302 vario, with a K6 team BT mux, XCS 6.7.6.

I cannot get the data connection with this setup on any android phone I tried with XCSoar.
I can get the K6 bluetooth to pair with every phone I have tried it with. I can only see a valid NMEA stream coming through on the Droid Ultra phone with the Blue GPS app.

Samsung Note 4 SM N910V Android 4.4.4 internal GPS & Baro work, K6 BT Mux data does not connect in XCSoar. [I don't know if it is relevant but there is no phone sim card or microSD data card installed. XCSoar appears to run fine from internal memory.]

Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080 Android 4.4.4 Blue GPS gets signal, NMEA stream looks good in Blue GPS. K6 BT Mux data does not connect in XCSoar.

Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Android 4.1.2, K6 BT Mux data does not connect in XCSoar.

Are there any specific settings needed for a Samsung Note 4?

What should I try next?
XCSoar 6.8 preview?
is Android 4.4 incompatible?
Would a down revision of Android? If so how what to install?
Should I try something besides K6 BT mux?
Would "blue NMEA" of any use?

could use some help.
Chris
Old February 8th 15, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

I think you also posted in the XCSoar forum, that would be the best place to find an answer.

I'm running XCSoar with the V7 bluetooth module on a Nexsus 7 with no problems. I understand that some drivers do not have permissions set correctly in Android to allow all apps to use the bluetooth data stream.
Old February 8th 15, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I use a K6BT previously with a CAI302 now with a ClearNav XC Vario. I
run this on a Dell Streak 5, a Nexus 7, and a Moto X.

All i can suggest is to setup your device in XCSoar as follows:

Port: K6Bt
Baud: 400
Buld Baud: Default
Driver: Cambridge CAI302
Sync from device: On
Sync to device: On
K6BT: On
Ignore Checksum: On

Good luck!

--
Dan Marotta

Old February 8th 15, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

These are the settings i used:
Port: K6Bt

Baud: 4800

Bulk Baud: 4800

Driver: Cambridge CAI302

Sync from device: On

Sync to device: On

K6BT: On

Ignore Checksum: On

Old February 9th 15, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Try 19200 baud. The output port is set to 19200 in flight mode.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 9th 15, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I seem to have a sticky keyboard...

I've been running my setup at 4800 baud for 3-4 years. Next time I'm at
the airport, I'll give 19,200 a shot.

Dan

Old February 10th 15, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dan,

Just to clarify. The 302 always sends data out at 4800 baud. But the K6 Mux is usually setup with the output port set to 19200 baud. At least, that is how I setup his K6 Bt Mux.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

wrote:

[...]

CNvXC to K6BT Cable Dan Marotta Soaring 2 January 11th 15 11:37 PM
Oudie to C302 cable [email protected] Soaring 8 August 21st 13 09:18 PM
Aerial on my C302 not Working pat Soaring 1 June 28th 13 12:29 AM
C302 with LK8000 Brad[_2_] Soaring 5 July 4th 11 02:52 AM
Grob AD note. Stemme AD note. pbc76049 Soaring 0 August 21st 06 03:23 PM