Thinking About Salida

Old January 17th 15, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Thinking About Salida

Yes, it's only January but we gotta dream...

Miguel and I are planning to go to Salida, CO
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KANK) again and have already made motel
reservations. Our planned flying dates are June 21-27 and possibly 28
to fly home, weather permitting. I've sent an email to Steve Bush
(Salida tow pilot) to confirm the dates. We had a good camp least June
with visitors from as far away as, IIRC, Oregon and Michigan.

If you haven't flown Salida before, be advised that you will need oxygen
but it will be available on the field. The mountain scenery is
spectacular and, depending on the direction you fly, there are plenty of
places to land out. We had high winds last year which provided some fun
wave flying in the vicinity of Leadville. There is ample paved ramp
space to tie your glider down and off pavement parking for trailers.

Besides terrific flying conditions, the Salida area also has hiking,
fishing, bicycling, white water rafting, shopping, great food... You
name it.

No registration required though it would be nice to know who'll be coming.
--
Dan Marotta

Old February 11th 15, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Palmer

Dan,

Alice and I are interested in coming down for a few of those days. We wouldn't be flying but we'd be happy to work as ground crew.

Mark
Old February 11th 15, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Love to see both of you, Mark. Walt and Linda will probably come down
from Buena Vista for a visit, as well.

Dan

Old February 11th 15, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

FYI: FIBArk is Jun 18-21 (Thur-Sun) So town will be very busy and all hotels full. Plan accordingly. http://www.fibark.com/ And on the 18th a few thousand bicyclists will be in town over night (most camping). A busy Salida week

Salida Art Walk 2105 is Jun 26-28. Not as big as FIBArk, but still busier than normal.
Old February 11th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks. We already have our reservations.

On 2/11/2015 11:42 AM, Todd wrote:
FYI: FIBArk is Jun 18-21 (Thur-Sun) So town will be very busy and all hotels full. Plan accordingly. http://www.fibark.com/ And on the 18th a few thousand bicyclists will be in town over night (most camping). A busy Salida week

Salida Art Walk 2105 is Jun 26-28. Not as big as FIBArk, but still busier than normal.

--
Dan Marotta

A Bad Day at Salida Dan Marotta Soaring 1 June 18th 14 05:02 AM
Salida Camp Dan Marotta Soaring 2 February 28th 14 02:27 PM
Tows in Salida? Dan Marotta Soaring 3 February 1st 14 04:09 PM
Soaring in Salida, CO Shawn Curry Soaring 3 May 3rd 04 05:31 PM
Salida Tow Plane? Mackfly Soaring 0 April 15th 04 04:32 AM