Soaring scene in new Movie

Old February 4th 15, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Soaring scene in new Movie

1:34 in: http://youtu.be/SfZWFDs0LxA
Old February 4th 15, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 7:08:03 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
1:34 in: http://youtu.be/SfZWFDs0LxA

I'm going to tell my wife we need to go. Not for the 20 minutes of sex scenes but for the 20 seconds of gliding!
Old February 4th 15, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 11:39:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 7:08:03 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
1:34 in: http://youtu.be/SfZWFDs0LxA

I'm going to tell my wife we need to go. Not for the 20 minutes of sex scenes but for the 20 seconds of gliding!

Go see both versions of the Thomas Crown Affair.

The 1st version I (and lots of others) know the pilot, the 2nd was "almost" shot at our field (Valley Soaring Club, Middletown, NY "06N"). I was the club liaison then and had a few talks on the phone with with "someone" wanting to film a glider scene. We're mostly open on weekends and that didn't fit their schedule. :-(
Old February 4th 15, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

That's funny Bruno. I too am weighing the gringe factor of the movies primary focus vs the glider scene. It had better be at least 2 minutes of screen time to be worth enduring the rest of the movie! I might have to wait for Netflix or hope a pirated YouTube clip makes it up.
Old February 4th 15, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JP Stewart

How about this Dunhill ad too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfm8bLU6Mj8
Old February 5th 15, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 11:39:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 7:08:03 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
1:34 in: http://youtu.be/SfZWFDs0LxA

I'm going to tell my wife we need to go. Not for the 20 minutes of sex scenes but for the 20 seconds of gliding!

Both will put a smile on your face, but only one of them will put you to sleep.
Old February 5th 15, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

They're showing 50 shades in Utah???
Old February 5th 15, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA

My favorite humor columnist, Dave Barry, had this comment on "Fifty Shades of Grey:"

"I think I might be the only man who read this book. I did it sneakily, hiding the cover, especially when I was on an airplane, which actually is a good place to read this book because you have access to a barf bag."
Old February 5th 15, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yeah, but the Utah version is about shades.....real shades....as in "lamp", "patio", "sun", etc..
Old February 5th 15, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

I'm going to tell my wife we need to go. Not for the 20 minutes of sex scenes but for the 20 seconds of gliding!

Al Bundy said it was the other way around.