Soaring scene in new Movie

Old February 5th 15, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Default Soaring scene in new Movie

I thought 50 shades of grey was a reference to soaring in England?

Boggs
Old February 8th 15, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow! I'm learning something here. All this time I thought 50 shades of grey referred to differently-aged T shirts.
Old February 12th 15, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 9:59:15 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 7:56:45 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Wow! I'm learning something here. All this time I thought 50 shades of grey referred to differently-aged T shirts.

We're all about to become more attractive, it seems

glider pilot for the movie: Estrella Sailport's Jason Stevens see http://www.copamonitor.com/films_foo...d4818a4a2.html
Old February 12th 15, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J.B. W

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 7:13:47 PM UTC-5, Bob T wrote:
On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 9:59:15 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 7:56:45 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Wow! I'm learning something here. All this time I thought 50 shades of grey referred to differently-aged T shirts.

We're all about to become more attractive, it seems

glider pilot for the movie: Estrella Sailport's Jason Stevens see http://www.copamonitor.com/films_foo...d4818a4a2.html

Ughh.... a "Grob DG 1000"!? The media never seems to fail to do the homework.
Old February 12th 15, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Ughh.... a "Grob DG 1000"!? The media never seems to fail to do the homework.

From an earlier ras posting on the subject by CP: "...York Soaring Association sold the production company a Grob Twin Astir wreck, which has been used, mounted on an armature in front of a chroma screen, to double for the DG 1000 in the close-up shots."

So... did they fail, or were they very thorough?

(my money is that it was a fluke).

Old February 13th 15, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 1:46:29 PM UTC-5, Jp Stewart wrote:
How about this Dunhill ad too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfm8bLU6Mj8

i love flying in a suit and just walking away from the glider when i land.