Rocks Thrown at Border Patrol Chopper

Old August 27th 05, 01:31 PM
Moo

"Matt Barrow" wrote

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:nJRPe.285478$_o.259735@attbi_s71...
There is something ironic about US citizens whose families have lived
here for less than 400 years complaining about illegal immigrants...

Yes, there is. But never before have new immigrants so arrogantly
*expected* everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

And which codified law did the immigrants 150-400 year ago break? Which
property laws did they break?

The law that states that they who have the guns determine the borders. And
then demand money from everyone within to manage their lives. The
immigrants *made* the GD property laws. Think.

moo

Old August 27th 05, 02:05 PM
Dave Stadt

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Some large liberal municipalities have laws against local law

enforcement
providing information about illegal aliens to the Feds.

What? Where?

IIRC Denver and some other large western cities.

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 27th 05, 02:25 PM
Jose

This is AMERICA, and the language here is
ENGLISH -- and I shouldn't have to TELL THEM THAT.

This is America, where citizens don't want to learn anything anymore,
not another language, not enough mathematics to add a hamburger and
fries without a computer, not world geography or culture, where weather
reports have all but become smiley faces and frowney faces because
nobody knows or cares what an isobar is, where from day one people are
taught to "feel good" about their underachievement, and where people
expect fifty dollars an hour to attach bolts on an assembly line when
someone in China will do for fifty cents and be grateful for the
opportunity. And we have the audacity to be indignant.

For every million shoppers who must spend an
average of 3 seconds (probably far longer) trying to figure out which button
to push (Spanish or English), that is 34.7 DAYS spent wasting everyone's
time in line, making a stupid, unnecessary choice.

(1,000,000 x 3 seconds = 3,000,000 seconds divided by 60 = 50,000 minutes
divided by 60 = 833.33 hours divided by 24 = 34.7 days)

The choice is unnecessary to =you= because =you= believe it should be
arranged for =your= comfort and convenience. What about "paper or
plastic" (or skip the bag, If I need a bag to hold a roll of film while
I walk to the car I shouldn't be shopping), "cash or credit", "credit or
debit", "would you like fries with that", and "your call is important to
us".

You're on the wrong boat.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.
Old August 27th 05, 02:26 PM
Jose

There is no incentive for non-English speaking people (legal or
illegal) to learn English if everything they need is available in their
native language.

There's no incentive for Americans to learn anything anymore.

Jose
Old August 27th 05, 05:39 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Skywise wrote:

What I want to mention is that no one has addressed the issue of
a helicopter getting hit with a baseball sized rock thrown from
the ground!

I said offer him a baseball pitching contract...
Old August 27th 05, 05:47 PM
Ash Wyllie

George Patterson opined

Ash Wyllie wrote:

3) A guest worker program.

They already have the guest worker program.

I was thinking of an official plan.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!
Why wait for nature?

Old August 27th 05, 07:17 PM
W P Dixon

well ,
The drive up ATM machine is in braille

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"N93332" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
This is AMERICA, and the language here is ENGLISH -- and I shouldn't

have
to TELL THEM THAT.
It's insane, but it's the law -- and there's apparently nothing we can

do
to change it.

It could be changed if the U.S. had an OFFICIAL language. Until the US

makes
a law saying that English (or whatever) is the official language, the
gov'ment will still print IRS forms, census forms, etc., in several
languages. There is no incentive for non-English speaking people (legal
or
illegal) to learn English if everything they need is available in their
native language.

The only languages they are printed in is English and Spanish -- are you
aware of other languages?

Old August 27th 05, 09:03 PM
Skywise

"Matt Barrow" wrote in news:z%WPe.5$nw.170
@news.uswest.net:

Snipola
The only languages they are printed in is English and Spanish -- are you
aware of other languages?

Don't know about those specific forms, but the backside of my utility
bills have help information in no less than five languages besides
english. The last time I was at my local DMV the signs were in about
as many languages and IIRC, you could take the driving test in about
a dozen different languages.

As for language on the ATM's, they keep 'redesigning' the layout.
Every couple months you have to pause and search for the appropriate
button for your language choice because they keep moving the menu
selections around 'to help serve you better'. So far in my area it's
only two choices. Considering the number of languages spoken around
here, it won't be long before it's more.

Actually, you have to pause and search for every button choice
because they keep moving them around. So it's not just the language
button that's a problem on the ATM's.

Brian

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old August 28th 05, 05:30 AM
Montblack

("Matt Barrow" wrote)
Can you site the percentage of the US economy that interacts with illegal
labor?

Illegal labor is a much bigger problem than people realize. If the
government says the number is 5 million, then the number is 25 million!!

Mexicans are EVERYWHERE. MOST are illegal. The US immigration system has
imploded on its bureaucratic self.

This country has built up an infrastructure over 150 years. Millions of
Mexicans have invaded the US to get a piece of that infrastructure. Booty
isn't always hauled away by an invading army.

Montblack

Old August 28th 05, 12:42 PM
kontiki

Frankie wrote:
My heart bleeds....

Please, what's really going on here is that the employer (farmer, grower,
whatever) was too cheap to hire more labor to come in and finish the job. I
believe many employers do this intentionally to protest the cut-off of their
cheap labor supply.

Exactly... and most Americans are too cheap to pay what it would REALLY cost
to buy food, a home or most other things (except automobiles) if real actual
citizens did the work and got paid a fair wage for the work.

LAbor is just at the bottom of the food chain... Govenment is at the top.. it
sucks at all the money from everyone's pockets from the laborer to the larges
corporations, their stockholders (lots of retired people) and the CEOs.