A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

GP 14

Old July 13th 15, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default GP 14

There are 4 pilots who will be flying a GP 14 at the 13.5m Worlds. I can not find much info on them, just estimated performance specs, computer generated drawings and a few photos of work in progress. No response (yet) from EY. Time is getting short - has the GP 14 even flown yet?

P9
Old July 14th 15, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default GP 14

I'll be able to tell you more in a few weeks.
Old July 14th 15, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default GP 14

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 5:00:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
There are 4 pilots who will be flying a GP 14 at the 13.5m Worlds. I can not find much info on them, just estimated performance specs, computer generated drawings and a few photos of work in progress. No response (yet) from EY. Time is getting short - has the GP 14 even flown yet?

P9

Hello Kerry and Everyone:

As with many ambitious projects, sometimes "just in time" is the best that can be done. After some untimely equipment breakdowns in the spring, the Peszke factory has been running 7 days a week and nearly round the clock to prepare the GP 14 for Sebastian Kawa and the GP 14 for the Lithuanian, Tomas Kuzmickas. The two Russian pilots have graciously deferred their GP 14's for later delivery to free up engineering and production time for the two GP 14's set to be delivered for the WGC.

I just today received some very exciting pictures from the factory of every major component for ship #1 completed and ready for fitting and final assembly, with the components for ship #2 entering or coming out of the curing process now. We expect test flights of both gliders in less than 2 weeks, and then delivery to WGC. Just in the nick of time ... but Dick Schreder used to do that all the time with pretty great results :-)

As luck has it, I will be competing in Lithuania in the Lithuanian Club Class Nationals as part of the Pre-Worlds for Std/Club/20M WGC 2016. So I will be able to report from on-site with an insider's view as the GP 14's take to the skies in a few weeks.

Look for a new blog post previewing the 1st 13.5M WGC and the GP 14 progress at www.gpglidersusa.com shortly.

Tim McAllister EY
GP Gliders USA
Old July 14th 15, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default GP 14

Thanks!

P9