Idea to prevent plane hijack

Old May 24th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Idea to prevent plane hijack

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Why not just require one of these actions...
All passengers must fly NUDE.

Change it to all flight attendants and resurrected the Hooters airline, and
I'm in!

-c

Old May 24th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

"ktbr" wrote in message
neo wrote:
When terrorists know that even flight staff can not talk to pilot, it
is futile to attempt hijack.

Sounds nice but there are still ways to bring down a plane without
breaching the cockpit...

Yep. But the max number of casualties would be the number of pax and
whoever happens to be beneath it. No more human cruise missiles.

-c

Old May 24th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

Per neo:
That will discourage hijacker

Am I the only one that thinks skyjacking of passenger planes is a
moot issue until somebody figures out a way to disable the
passengers before attempting to take over the cockpit?

Nope. My impression is that this is the default view now -- as you
say, the paradigm shifted about an hour into 9/11 (I forget the exact
timing, but the Flight 93 passengers had already gotten the message),
and I don't think it's shifted back.

I'm rather surprised at the degree of restraint practiced by
passengers dealing with suspected terrorists; so far as I know there
have been no deaths so far...and at least one *real*, if incompetent
and probably independent, terrorist stopped.
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 24th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

The pilot won't know unless the potential hijacker uses his cell phone
to communicate with the airline with a threat of executing a flight
attendant in the cabin.

FCC rules don't allow that.

Old May 24th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

the idea is as old as long as planes are hijacked.
it was mentioned after 9/11 a few times.

bye

frank

Old May 24th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

That was Archie Bunker's (All in the Family) idea:

F/As pass out the pistols at the beginning of the flight; and collect the
pistols at the destination. He also suggested that bank robberies could be
averted by having trap doors in front of the tellers, with the
would-be-robbers falling into chutes and sliding to the nearest police
station ...
"Jay Masino" wrote in message
. ..
In rec.aviation.piloting Jim Macklin

wrote:
All passengers must be armed with a .38 or .45 revolver or

.45 revolver? What is this, the old west (or do you want to use moon

clips)??

--

Jay Masino "Home is where the critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com

Old May 24th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

David Dyer-Bennet writes:

... A friend had a Ruger 445 ultr-light in

^^^^^ Taurus!

Sorry about that!
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 24th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Sure, 1873 45 Colt, S&W No. 3, or a modern S&W with full
moon clips in 45 ACP.

BTW, does anybody know the lethal; weapon provided to all
passengers compartments on every airliner today? There are
dozens of these lethal impact weapons provided.

. ..
wrote:
| All passengers must be armed with a .38 or .45 revolver
or

| .45 revolver? What is this, the old west (or do you want
to use moon clips)??

| --
|
| Jay Masino "Home is where the
critters are"