1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6 pdr surviving

Old November 26th 03, 06:54 PM
old hoodoo

Default 1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6 pdr surviving

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Al Sumrall

Old November 26th 03, 10:43 PM
Ogden Johnson III

"old hoodoo" wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
Old November 26th 03, 11:30 PM
John Miller

Ogden Johnson III wrote:
Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?

Maybe the naval aircraft connection is that they were being shot AT.

--
John shrug Miller
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Old November 26th 03, 11:40 PM

"John Miller" wrote in message
Ogden Johnson III wrote:
Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I

have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?

Maybe the naval aircraft connection is that they were being shot AT.

--
John shrug Miller
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh

away.

Maybe the aircraft carrier was being shot at by the six-pounder/

Red Rider

Old November 28th 03, 09:50 PM
John Miller

James Woody wrote:
Was not this 6 pounder installed on the Navalized version of the Farley
Fruitbat?

Only Mk X and later, if memory serves.

--
John Miller
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Batteries not included.

Old December 2nd 03, 09:59 PM
Joe Osman

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast]

That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. The British had
plans in 1916 to install a recoilless Davis 12-pounder gun
and later a 12-pounder Naval Landing Gun in the Admiralty
Type 1000, also known as the AD.1, to shell German ships
from the air. It didn't work out.
The French put a Hotchkiss 47mm cannon in the nose of a
Tellier flying boat as an antisubmarine plane in 1920.

See Emmanuel Gustin's website at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8217/fgun/fgun-bi.html

Joe

Old December 2nd 03, 11:18 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Joe Osman wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?

That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. The British had
plans in 1916 to install a recoilless Davis 12-pounder gun
and later a 12-pounder Naval Landing Gun in the Admiralty
Type 1000, also known as the AD.1, to shell German ships
from the air. It didn't work out.
The French put a Hotchkiss 47mm cannon in the nose of a
Tellier flying boat as an antisubmarine plane in 1920.

Then there are the 33-pounders [aka 105mm howitzer] used in some
variants of "Puff the Magic Dragon" et seq.

I wasn't being totally facetious. ;-
Old December 2nd 03, 11:28 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote in message
Joe Osman wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

"old hoodoo" wrote:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of any surviving D-S 6 pounders? I

have
found one in a private collection (its for sale if anyone is

interested)
only.

Just out of curiosity, Al, which naval aircraft was equipped with the
1894 Driggs-Schroeder 6-pounder?

That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. The British had
plans in 1916 to install a recoilless Davis 12-pounder gun
and later a 12-pounder Naval Landing Gun in the Admiralty
Type 1000, also known as the AD.1, to shell German ships
from the air. It didn't work out.
The French put a Hotchkiss 47mm cannon in the nose of a
Tellier flying boat as an antisubmarine plane in 1920.

Then there are the 33-pounders [aka 105mm howitzer] used in some
variants of "Puff the Magic Dragon" et seq.

Quite a few WW2 aircraft carried guns in the 6 pounder size range for
anti shipping use, the DH Mosquito and B-25 both come to mind.

The Mosquito carried the QF 6pdr Class M Mark I and as well as
attacking German shipping downed at least one JU-88 !

The B-25H could carry a 75mm gun IRC.

Keith